Crusty Science Diver says Hello!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
bmc825
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Crusty Science Diver says Hello!

Post by bmc825 »

Hello fellow divers!

I am a scientific diver who is new to the Northwest Dive Club and thought I should take the time to introduce myself. I was born and raised in the PNW and am in love with studying and playing in the dark, cold waters of our home region. I was originally certified as a PADI diver when I was a teenager, but am now a NAUI certified AAUS scientific diver. Ironically, I am currently a PhD student with the University of Florida, so that I can do crustacean research under my advisor who spends half his year in the San Juan Islands (WA). So funny how things work out.

If any of you are interested in small marine critters, I also want to ask for your help with my current project. I am studying the genetics of rare colorful amphipod crustaceans (Podocerus cristatus) which are sometimes spotted along the west coast of North America. These guys are tiny, but super charismatic and a great find for divers (both recreational and scientific alike). Please check out the following post, if you are interested in helping me on my quest: https://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28152

I am excited to be a part of this community and am looking forward to sharing our exciting dive adventures. Cheers to you all!

Best,
Brittany