Hello!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
WetKen
Getting To Know Folks

Hello!

Post by WetKen »

I have been lurking for awhile now and saw the board needed a post. So, I figured it was time I introduced myself. I was raised in WA but started diving only a couple years ago while working in Ohio. I have 50+ dives logged so far. The great lakes are great for old shipwrecks but lack the creatures of saltwater. I have a couple dives in San Diego as well.

I dive a wetsuit, only because I have a neck injury from the military that prohibits shoulder motion and I am not sure I can wrangle into a dry suit. I have been told I should try, but just haven't. I am comfortable with my wetsuit to about 45 deg F for the duration of a dive. Below that, I believe it will not be enjoyable. I was comfortable on my coldest dive which was at 120ft FW and computer said 42 degrees. I have no experience in Puget Sound, YET. I dive with a single tank because weight is an issue while entering or exiting the water.

I live in Ellensburg but have a place to stay in the University district. I am looking for a new buddy as my wife does not dive. Weekend dives are best for now. I will continue to dive with my buddy in Ohio, but need someone here with experience in Puget Sound. I have fished the Pacific and understand tide books, but not as they relate to diving. To be honest, I consume air rapidly and not in the best shape, still working on it.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Hello!

Post by orcasc205 »

Welcome back to the area! I think you'll find the diving here a lot of fun and the cold water creatures are definitely spectacular. The water here doesn't often get below 45-46 degrees, so you may be fine in a wetsuit, but it's normally the surface interval and second dive where a drysuit really makes a difference.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome!
I'd think a drysuit would be easier to get into than a wetsuit. They can much much looser fitting if you get a tri-lam with a telescoping torso.
Hope you get out there, you'll love the creatures!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to NWDC!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome to the board, and welcome back to the PNW!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Greetings!!! Welcome to the scuba addiction. I hope we can see you around the sound diving soon :)

Happy New Year!!!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Diver56
Getting To Know Folks

Post by Diver56 »

Welcome 😀