Back in the Water Again!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Pdawg
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Back in the Water Again!

Post by Pdawg »

Hello fellow divers!
My name is Pam, I got my advance open water diving off the coast of California and have been to a few tropical locations. Due to some circumstances life brings I have been out of the game for 15 years (didn't realize it was that long)... I recently visited Costa Rica and entered the water like I never left it. It has completely re-energized my passion for diving! (Signed up to learn drysuit as soon as I got back).
I am new to Northwest diving and the other half doesn't dive so I am left without any buddies. I'm looking for new friends to go diving with and to explore the area. I am interested in diving the north sound (close to home) but I'm up for driving wherever to see something cool.
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Back in the Water Again!

Post by orcasc205 »

Hi Pam, welcome back to the deep end. I'm sure you'll find the diving in the PNW really enjoyable, especially in a drysuit. If you're in the north, you should check out the Bubbles and Suds group of Facebook for weekly(ish) Wednesday dives in Mukilteo. There is another group that dives Redondo (Des Moines) to the south on Thursday nights -- that one is a 6:30pm meeting time.

The visibility has been bad lately due to the typical summer algae blooms, but it is showing signs of improving now. Winter diving here is generally the best in terms of visibility. You can check out the site https://pnwdiving.com (put together by Yelloweye from this site) to see some of the visibility and dive reports for local dive sites.

-Doug
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Bubbles and Suds gladly welcomes divers, If you are up North, hit us up! We try to post dives in here, but it is missed sometimes :(
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Pdawg
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Pdawg »

Thanks for the recommendations, I want to try to do at least a dive or 2 a month, I could definitely use a good excuse to have to get off work early from time to time!