Long time lurker, new poster

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
LorD-VisionZ
Getting To Know Folks

Long time lurker, new poster

Post by LorD-VisionZ »

Hi Divers,
I am Abhi(pronounced a-bee), originally from Chennai, India. I have had the fortune to have gone diving in 10+ countries, but for the past couple years I've been diving in the Puget Sound exclusively. I moved to the Seattle area for a job from landlocked Central Pennsylvania, where I found myself spending all my time and money travelling to go dive and figured I might as well live in a place where I can dive. I remember a couple things on my first guided dive at Alki Cove 2
1. What the hell is that creature(looking at a large sea cucumber) and is it going to attack me?
2. That I made a mistake thinking diving here is something I'd enjoy

Cold was something my body couldn't tolerate and I've had episodes of my face muscles completely locking up because of the cold and ears unable to even tolerate 1 ft of descent. I've worked out these issues and I can finally say, I enjoy diving here.

I just upgraded to a Panasonic GH5/Nauticam housing and I'm going to be doing a lot of diving and photography. My main area of interest is videography, either to document critters and invertebrates or to have a creative outlet through marine storytelling.
My unforgettable diving experience in the Puget Sound was documenting a sixgill and getting to name her Harley

As to my future plans, I'm looking to be active in the Puget Sound dive community, either through helping/documenting/volunteering and to meet and make connections with other divers.

Cya around;
Abhi
orcasc205
Aquaphile

Re: Long time lurker, new poster

Post by orcasc205 »

Welcome, Abhi! I hope to see you out diving.

-Doug
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Soooo cool about the sixgill. I hope we can see you at keystone this weekend 🖖🐙🐟😊🤿🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈😍🦑🦀🐢
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Welcome Abhi! Glad you got your cold water diving sorted out!

I think you might have seen that sixgill on a Thursday?

Congrats on the Nauticam... awesome!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!