Hello from Forks/Port Angeles

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
eric
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello from Forks/Port Angeles

Post by eric »

Just found this site today, from scubaboard.com. I've been visiting the area and diving between Clallam Bay and Neah Bay area for about 10 years, and living here full time the last 5 years and doing about 50 dives per year the last 5 years. At home I dive with family, and we have our own air compressor, so had not cared about certification for most of that time. Being 45 now, and the ability to work from anywhere with Internet, I've just got my certification and plan to dive all around the world. So far I've spent 1 month in Puerto Rico, which was amazing, and a couple weeks in San Diego (where I got certified). I love my home (between Port Angeles and Forks), so am also looking for cool places to dive while not traveling. Other than my almost every weekend dive spots around Clallam Bay, I've only been to Edmonds Underwater Park (not a good dive, but will try again probably). When things "get back to normal" I hope to explore much more.

I like beer, carne asada, rock n roll, and guns, but I'm not your typical backwoods gun nut, and I love all kinds of people and don't care what your beliefs are/etc. Just want to enjoy whatever years I have left, having a good time with family, 1 or 2 friends, and any octopus or other sea life that want to be my friends. I work with technology for a living, so when not working I'm trying to avoid it. My wife is now my scuba buddy, and sometimes our adult daughter, at least for vacations. My at home dives are too repetitive for them, and we often harvest scallops (so good raw!), which they don't much care for.

My favorite place to be is somewhere not crowded...
60south
Pelagic

Re: Hello from Forks/Port Angeles

Post by 60south »

Hey hi, welcome.

I'm in Port Townsend. There's some good diving here and across the water at Keystone. We also do Lake Crescent now and then, and on rare occasions Ediz Hook. Always on the lookout for more places to dive!

glenn
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Welcome!
Where do you dive in Clallam Bay? Do you have access to a boat?

I certainly hope you have been diving at Salt Creek and Sekiu in your neighborhood.

As far as top Washington state dives, some of the top shore dives away from your area are
Keystone
Point Hudson
Skyline
Day Island Wall
Sunrise Beach

These are all current sensitive advanced dives.

Sund Rock and Redondo among others are not usually current sensitive and are worth visiting as well.

If you go to Redondo (or really any of these but especially Redondo), let us know, we can give you a tour, it is easy to miss the good stuff.

Also, do check out British Columbia diving if you get a chance!

Enjoy!
-Eric
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Inupiaq_diver
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Inupiaq_diver »

Hey! My brother lives in Neah Bay! I was just there in June. I definitely want to dive next time I visit!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Lucky you if you can get access to a boat and knowledgeable Captain out there! Shore diving is either tough or not great there. I hear some people do the jetty.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!