First time caller, long time listener... Not really

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
JP343
Getting To Know Folks

First time caller, long time listener... Not really

Post by JP343 »

Hello!

My name is Jon, I like long walks on the beach, trying new foods and seeing the world.I love classic rock, music from the 90's and Jack White, Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie and I prefer Rye whiskey over beer.

Phew, glad the first date jitters are out of the way...

Now to other relevant matters. I am pretty new to diving with around 35 or so dives, I got my open water in 2019 and my advanced while spending last April in San Jose Del Cabo. I have been fortunate to have done all of my diving in more tropical locations (because I'm a wuss). I had wanted to dive since I was a kid, my mom was a bad ass lady and was diving in the late 70's and early 80's, so I grew up being hauled around to west Seattle, Edmonds and the like. Life got into the way of my underwater fun so I had to wait for my 40's to make it a priority. I am very lucky that my significant other and our two middle kids got their open water last year and love to dive as well. Well, they love diving in warm water.

I have been slowly adding to my kit and am at the point of needing to get my dry suit cert so I can finally explore my native waters.I am looking to meet some wicked cool people and share some fun times while learning about diving in the PNW. I live near the North end of Lake Washington and Edmonds is about 15 minutes away for me. I've found that I dig the folks at Underwater Sports on 99, which by the way has led to some life conversations with my 12yo about all of the activity that happens around biter lake. If you know, you know.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Re: First time caller, long time listener... Not really

Post by H20doctor »

Welcome
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Welcome to the site. As you are north end you, we (bubbles and suds) tend to dive pretty regularly in Mukilteo and sometimes Edmonds. We meet at 6pm so our dives are "night" dives. If you ever want to join you are more than welcome!

I try to post dives in here but you are welcome to search Bubbles and Suds on Facebook and check there too
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
sabrisi
Frequent Bubbler

Post by sabrisi »

Welcome! There are tons of dive groups and shops that can help you get started with drysuit and PNW diving. Hope to see you out and about soon!

I hear ya on the spouse and kids being warm-water only divers - same situation for me!
we got no troubles life is the bubbles
JP343
Getting To Know Folks

Post by JP343 »

Thanks guys!

I bit the bullet and ordered a dry suit today. Life is short and there is too much to see.

I would love to tag along on some group dives once I finish getting squared away. I am an odd duck in todays day and age and am not on social media, so will need to reach out via coconut phone.
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

Welcome to the addiction! Congratulations in the new drysuit! I hope we can see you around the dive sites soon :)

🖖🤿🐙🐟
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
JP343
Getting To Know Folks

Post by JP343 »

Thank you! looking forward to it.