Hello world! Looking for instruction recs

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
cmsg89
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Hello world! Looking for instruction recs

Post by cmsg89 »

Hi folks, I'm interested in learning to dive, and am looking for a school or instructor in the greater seattle area. Some friends in the area may also be interested. I looked online and found a few schools, but wondering what locals who are familiar would recommend. Thanks in advance!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Re: Hello world! Looking for instruction recs

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Welcome!

I don't know the active instructors too well these days. So all I can say is take a class with a dry suit option and the more dives in the class (not a rush off to tropical dive) the better.

Have fun!
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
darenpunsalan
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by darenpunsalan »

Not sure if your still looking or not. But my daughter and I did the northwest package which is Advanced open water and drysuit cert at Seattle Scuba over on lake union. And thought the instructors for those two classes was great. I liked that we were able to break up the classes to make it work with our schedule. We did the drysuit portion in April and the advance in May. Oh and they give a discount too if you have more than one person that signs up which is a nice little perk I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ktuli
Avid Diver

Post by ktuli »

If you are looking for personalized training, check out Jade Scuba Adventures. Ashley and Jake are great instructors and will take their time to make sure you learn the material well - which is important with scuba.