Oregon Diver

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
dac
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Oregon Diver

Post by dac »

Howdy, folks.

I'm a moderately experienced (120+) diver with a lot of cold water and boat diving experience. We moved to Oregon (Corvallis) about 5 years ago -- I'm faculty at Oregon State -- but between life, work, and the pandemic have not yet been able to find a groove diving in Oregon yet. Would love to be able to make local(-ish) dives a little more frequently!
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Oregon Diver

Post by Gdog »

If you are heading up to the puget sound area, post on this board in the dive planning. Welcome to the board!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

dac wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:14 am Howdy, folks.

I'm a moderately experienced (120+) diver with a lot of cold water and boat diving experience. We moved to Oregon (Corvallis) about 5 years ago -- I'm faculty at Oregon State -- but between life, work, and the pandemic have not yet been able to find a groove diving in Oregon yet. Would love to be able to make local(-ish) dives a little more frequently!
Diving in Oregon, salt water at least, is hard, very temperamental, though I hear there can be good stuff to see if conditions are right. A boat would likely help. I don't know the crowds who do it but have friends of friends who do it. I could ask.

I believe most Oregon divers head up to hood canal. There's usually something going on there every weekend. Go to sund rock on a weekend and you'll likely see a few Oregon plates you can carpool with in the future.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
dac
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by dac »

Always interested in connections! If your friends have any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've done a couple of boat dives here in the past few years coordinated through the Eugene Dive Club, but there just don't seem to be very many opportunities. I've also been to Hood Canal once, and will definitely be returning. Part of what I need are some dive buddies! Particularly ones who hate mornings as much as I do :-)
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Here's what my friend said
Attachments
Screenshot_20220708-103026~2.png
dac
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by dac »

Thanks for the tip about Oregon Scuba Club. I'll check them out. I'm a bit south of your friend in Corvallis. I am a sightseer in the water, not a fisherman/hunter/gatherer.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Great! I sent you a private message with my friend's contact info!
Danstewart22
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Danstewart22 »

I’m in Portland, Oregon and am always looking for groups to go diving with. Just started diving in the NW in the past few months