Need Water!!!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Dominick Gheesling
Just Settling In

Need Water!!!

Post by Dominick Gheesling »

So,

We made the move to Portland, actually Milwaukie, OR...

I've only been in the water 3 times over the past 1.5 years: Twice to install flotation under my brother in laws boathouse on the Columbia and once attempting clamming in Tillamook bay via surface supply air, wearing 50 lbs of weight on my back and about 20 lbs on each ankle to stay on bottom as the bay emptied.

I'm looking for some fun shore diving to get acclimated to the cold water adventure and I just want to look at all of the cool cold water marine life.

I definitely need to do a shake-down dive to get my weighting situated for the saltwater and to try out dry-gloves for the first time (I've just been diving fresh water for the past 200+ dives). I set up a single backplate / wing. I've added about 15 pounds to the plate and I have some ditchable weight pockets as well. Will be diving lpSteel 95s as singles. I've been diving dry for several years and have a crushed neoprene seaskin suit.

Prior to moving out here I was predominantly Cave diving, (north florida) wearing doubles and a bit of sidemount diving. I am certified Full Cave NSS-CDS, AN/DP Normoxic. I brought all the gear with me and if anyone is interested in diving doubles etc. in the future I'd be interested but for right now I just REALLY NEED TO GO DIVING :bye:

Anyone willing to have mercy on me and team up for a shake-down dive PLEASE contact me
I typically have Tues/Wed off with the very occasional weekend date.
:bye: