Hello from Uncle Pug

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Uncle Pug
Getting To Know Folks

Hello from Uncle Pug

Post by Uncle Pug »

I've been diving with some of you and hopefully will get a chance to meet and dive with more in the future.

I posted on SB under the screen name "Uncle Pug" but my real name is Ron Sallee... my father was the original Uncle Pug (at least that is what all my cousins called him.) He died just about the time I started posting on SB and so I named my dive boat after him and took Uncle Pug as a screen name in his honor. He was a story teller. Some day I will publish his adventures with my adventures as part two.

I haven't posted on SB for a long time.

So... I'm registered here as Uncle Pug but I'll gladly respond to Ron.

I've been diving from Fiji to Alaska, Hawaii to Vancouver Island but most of my diving has been here in Puget Sound and from my own boats. I've had more than one... sometimes more than one at the same time. Uncle Pug (the boat) now belongs to my Son-in-law and is a commercial dive boat.

Having sold my two other boats this summer I will be doing more shore diving from now on... unless I meet some folks with boats. We still have kayaks but they aren't the sit on top/dive off type.

I know a lot of good places for boat dives but my favorite place to dive is the reef on the South end of Gedney Island because it is close to Everett.... close enough for a boat dive that is.... not for a shore dive.

Got boat? Let's go!

Actually, now that I'm a shore diver I've found out what a wonderful place EUP is. I've also found that shore diving can be a lot easier too.... and thrifty.

Got air? Let's go!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Ron,

Glad you found us...welcome!
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Seth T.
Amphibian

Post by Seth T. »

Welcome Ron! :partyman:

Are you a fellow Northender? :bounce:
Seth T.
PADI Master Diver
http://www.sethtower.com

Ratfish piss me off.
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Yay! Welcome Ron! Glad you made it. Let's go diving, perhaps with a little less drama the next time. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Hi Ron

Welcome to the gang and glad to see you here, finally! What took you so long?

-Valerie
(aka "Valerie" from Northwest Diver.com)
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome ron. if you are in the north end, and you want to get wet let me know. every monday there is a night dive, you are more than welcome to join in on the fun!
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Hi Ron!! I think you were on northwestdiver once upon a time, weren't you? In any case, glad you're here and hope to meet you sometime.

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Welcome to our "Fruit and Nut Bowl" Ron. I might take you up on a boat dive sometime. Always wanted to dive sites further North.
Charles
TCWestby
Submariner

Post by TCWestby »

Good to see you over on this board, look foreword to future dives with you.
Looking for dive buddies

Work is for the surface interval....
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome, Ron! I love your writing/stories. It'll be great having you around here.

-Ben
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hi Ron! I hope the diving has been good to you. I think Penelope owes us (You Bob and I) a do-over! It's going to get busy during the Holiday season but I'm sure we can always find the time. Glad you finally came out to say HI! The folks here are great, and we are constantly learning from one another. See you around.
Cold_H2O
Aquaphile

Post by Cold_H2O »

Its been a while since I dove with you last.

Glad you found us here.
Looking forward to getting back in the water with you.

Aka Colleen on SB I was gis_gal or Cold_H2O. (yeah.. I did a name change)
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Welcome Ron! Glad you've decided to hang out a bit on NWDC. I think it's a great place to be. I look forward to hearing your Father's story some day, if I am privileged. I lost my Dad not too long ago and know what it feels like to want to honor their memory! Hope to dive with you someday...

-Tom Nic
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

Hello Ron,
I'm glad you decided to join the club. It was nice to meet you a few weeks ago and put a face with the name. Hopefully I will see you diving again sometime soon.

Ken
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Hi Ron. Gosh I'm glad to hear from you. Last time we met I had a great time diving with you and enjoyed our discussions. Maybe that might be in the future again somewhere.