Hello NWDC

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Hello NWDC

Post by Nwbrewer »

Just wanted to say hello to the NWDC.

This site is great, you guys are by far the most active group I've come accross on the web. I'm a relatively new diver, most of my dives have been around the Mukilteo area.

Anybody looking to do some evening dives in the north end let me know!

Jake
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Welcome! Do you brew your own beer? Want to come crabbing with us at Langley on Saturday (tomorrow) afternoon/evening? Bring homemade beer?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Beer

Post by Nwbrewer »

Yup. I keep all my login id's the same so I don't confuse myself.

Most unfortunately I won't be able to make it this saturday as I will be out of town, but is sounds like a lot of fun. I'm up for something potentially next saturday though... :partyman:

Jake
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

It's Friday, it's beautiful outside, and I'm thinking... MMmmmmmmm Beeeerrrr \:D/

Yup, I think I'm going to have to call it a day.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Have a good one sounder. We'll have to dive soon and hoist a pint afterward.

Jake
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nwbrewer, welcome to NWDC! \:D/

One of our divers here, DiverDown, lives up in Granite Falls and Mukilteo is his usual hangout. He's an assistant instructor at the Everett UWS and he's a great guy to learn from.

We usually all try to make it to the Wednesday evening club dives at Alki, Cove 2.

Welcome aboard, the water's just fine!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome to the NWDC! I live in the area and dive Mukilteo pretty often. EUP, too.

Send me an email if you wanna buddy up sometime.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Nwbrewer,
I'm down here on the South end (Lakewood / Tacoma).
I have not dove Mukilteo yet, I have heard alot of good comments about it!
Maybe we will have to get together some day!

I realy like the Night Diving at Three Tree N. Maybe we could meet there one day too.

BassMan (Keith)
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Calvin Tang wrote:Nwbrewer, welcome to NWDC! \:D/

We usually all try to make it to the Wednesday evening club dives at Alki, Cove 2.
I am so jealous of you guys up north Calvin. Heck, at $3 a gal for gas it is almost $80 in gas to go up there. Even a trip to the Oregon coast is $50. Wednesday night Dive club, or "The Office " as others call it is just not fair.
:angryfire:
But on the positive, I do not have to deal with the Seattle Traffic. \:D/
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

yeah we might have traffic but we dive al week. we should meeet up at the canal again chuck
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

aquanautchuck wrote: But on the positive, I do not have to deal with the Seattle Traffic. \:D/
I've been stuck in Portland traffic plenty of times.....I guess ours is worse, but....I CAN DIVE 3 TIMES A WEEK WITHOUT EVEN TRYING HARD!

Sorry, Chuck....guess I shouldn't rub your face in it! C'mon up, we'll show you a good time! You just have to get enough dives in to justify the cost of the gas, that's all! Me and Maverick owe you and the wife dinner for bailing out of the boat dive, so maybe that'll sweeten the pot, eh?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sasquatch, be glad to meet up with you sometime. I've done a few dives at EUP, but have never been impressed with the vis. I think the last dive I did there I held my light at arms length, turned it back towards me, and coundn't see it.

Bassman,

I've never done a dive at three tree N. I think night dives for me are going to have to wait until fall as it just doesn't get dark early enough for me to be able to make it to work the next morning. Maybe do a day dive there though to get the lay of the land... Let me know if you want to dive mukilteo, it's not Cove 2, but it's a lot less crowded.

Jake
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Calvin Tang wrote:Nwbrewer, welcome to NWDC! \:D/

One of our divers here, DiverDown, lives up in Granite Falls and Mukilteo is his usual hangout. He's an assistant instructor at the Everett UWS and he's a great guy to learn from.
Yes Mukilteo is my stomping ground.. I would also like to start a nwdiveclub wed night North dive. we have so many new members spread out. I will take you out some time soon if you like!!
Who run barter town?
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I know about the viz at EUP. Between the divers and the ferry boats the water gets pretty chewed up.

Let's do a check out dive in Muk real soon!

:bounce:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

It depends on my work schedule this week mabey we could do muk wed night??
Who run barter town?
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I love to dive Mukilteo. I'll be down for a dive at Mukilteo on the weekend anytime. Make a thread if you guys are going.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Tommorrow is probably a no go for me unfortunately, as I'm helping a friend this week with some kitchen remodeling, but wednesdays generally work well for me, so I'd be up for setting up a NWDC wed night dive in Mukilteo.

Jake