Newbie Dive couple

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Newbie Dive couple

Post by jlehigh »

Hey Folks,

I'm dropping in to introduce my wife Holly and myself. I learned of the site through Calvin who we ran into after an evening dive at Alki Cove 2. We are newbie divers with only 6 dives under our BC's ;) We gained our Open Water Padi certs through Underwater sports. Our original goal was to become certified for our upcoming cruise where we will be diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman but we have had allot of fun on the local waters and will continue diving in the NW.

I am also an avid saltwater reefkeeper and grow SPS corals in my 300gal tank. I'm looking forward to seeing the life I keep in my tank out in their respective habitat.

I'm looking forward to a great many dives and hope to meet some of you along the way!

Image[/img]
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Congrats on your certs, and on your decision to keep diving in the Pac NW! =D>

You will love it, and will find lots of divers of every skill level on this board to dive with!
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Welcome to you both. Yes, it seems that the charms of the underwater world are not limited to the warm water climates.

There are many opportunities within easy reach of us here in this area. =D>

Great photo by the way!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

No wolfeels in Cozumel!!! Welcome!!! :rr:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Hey, jleigh- I was diving with Calvin that night-don't know if I introduced myself, but I remember talking with you a bit- welcome to the club, and I hope to dive with you soon!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jlehigh »

Thanks for the welcome guys!

It looks like we'll be back at Cove 2 on Wednesday for a short dive. I am still working on navigating ect ect.

Hey Nailer, maybe I'll see you guys again Wednesday. I was going to go with a group from UW sports being led by my buddy Aaron, but we'll see. I'm still getting the navigation thing down.. It seems people generally dive the same locals regularly so they know there way around under the water to see the sights.. I'm comfortable with my compass but my dives still look like a pretty straight line too and from :)
jeff98208
Aquanaut

welcome

Post by jeff98208 »

welcome to the club. hope to meet you two soon, and congrats on your certs. some time we should go diving granted i have no clue where alki is yet. but i'm learning my way around. later!

good day
jeff
:supz:
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

welcome to the club! :supz:
btw, i think your tank is bigger than my house!
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Ahhhh, it all makes sense to me now. I know Aaron, the DM from SUWS, right? I just bought a 'Bertha' tank off of him a few weeks ago and he mentioned he was working with a few new-ish divers.

Great photo btw, that's a great idea so that other divers will know you two when they meet you. I'm planning on heading out to Cove 2 after work on Wednesday too, so I'll see ya there! :supz:
jlehigh
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jlehigh »

lol, No my tank is only 6'X30"X30" ;) I really hope you live in a larger space.. I guess you could sleep in it..

Yea Calvin, Aaron is a reefkeeper as well and I met him through that hobby a couple years ago. VERY cool guy. He regularly assists in classes and has helped us and a few friends in our first dives out of the class.
Hermit "D" Crab
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Re: Newbie Dive couple

Post by Aquanautchuck »

[quote="jlehigh"]Hey Folks,

I'm dropping in to introduce my wife Holly and myself. I learned of the site through Calvin who we ran into after an evening dive at Alki Cove 2. quote]

I have to talk to Calvin about that. Heck we may have 200 member soon. What's this group coming too? #-o

Welcome. The PNW is a great place to dive. Just as good as warm water.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome Holly and Jlehigh!
I heard about the Monster tank! :naka:
Looking fwd to meeting and Diving with you two, soon.
Don't forget to come down to Tacoma and dive some cool sites down here too!