New to the dive club!

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
ulisses
Getting To Know Folks

New to the dive club!

Post by ulisses »

Hi there!

I'm a new diver to the club, but not so much to the NW. I'm a newby, have logged 71 dives so far, most of them in the NW. My favorite places, Skywall in Anacortes from shore, Sunrise, Keystone Jetty, Blake Island and others I don't recall the names now.

Hope to find here some people to go diving and learn from the very experienced divers that are part of this club. :supz:

Looking forward to meet some of you face to face (underwater) very soon, \:D/

a.k.a

Ulisses
Keep wet!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: New to the dive club!

Post by Penopolypants »

Welcome Ulisses! Perhaps you can make it to our next club dive on the 16th ? It will be a great opportunity to put some faces to some avatars and to meet some new dive buddies!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Welcome, Ulisses! Glad to hear that Skyline Wall is one of your favorite dives. I'll be doing it for the first time next weekend.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Welcome to the NWDC Ulisses! This is THE place to find compatible dive buddies and learn a thing or two. The club dives are a great way to put faces to names, check out different gear configurations, learn about new dive sites and just have a great time diving the PNW with a fantastic group of people! For continuing education we have some of THE BEST instructors in the area, from Rec to Tech. and they will teach you everything you never learned in Open water and Advanced open water!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Welcome, Ulisses! You'll make some great friends here. Fun people, and there is ALWAYS someone willing to meet for a dive.
-Ben
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
ulisses
Getting To Know Folks

Post by ulisses »

Penopolypants wrote:Welcome Ulisses! Perhaps you can make it to our next club dive on the 16th ? It will be a great opportunity to put some faces to some avatars and to meet some new dive buddies!
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm amazed =D>

At what time is the club dive this 16th? I need to head to Hood Canal that afternoon since I'm taking a class there the 17th and 18th, so it will depend on timing the thing :supz:
Keep wet!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

ulisses wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:Welcome Ulisses! Perhaps you can make it to our next club dive on the 16th ? It will be a great opportunity to put some faces to some avatars and to meet some new dive buddies!
Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm amazed =D>

At what time is the club dive this 16th? I need to head to Hood Canal that afternoon since I'm taking a class there the 17th and 18th, so it will depend on timing the thing :supz:
We're meeting at 9, 1st splash at 10-ish, surface interval, 2nd splash at 12 or 1-sh, then a BBQ! Then another dive for those who can't get enough.

If you can only make it for one dive, that's cool. Or if you just want to stop by and say hi, that's cool too!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

Welcome Ulisses, hope you can make it on the 16th. Melissa (getwet) and I will be there, and I would love to hear about chile.
Bob
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu