Hello

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Hello

Post by Mikey D »

My username is who I am, differently spelled that is. I've been in the PNW diving scene for about 16 years now and LOVE it. I only have my "open water" cert. I have had many distractions over the past years 10 years, mainly moving to centeral Washington, where the diving has dried up sorta.. :toimonster:

I am currently researching the opportunities for commercial Diving to go hand in hand with my Current occupation, not sure if it will work, though if I can make it happen, I'm sure I will.
Anyway, I've just recently started getting back into diving on a regular basis. I was what I considered a fairly active diver for some time but then the distractions grew. I do have a regular Dive partner, however I am always at the ready to jump into the water on a hours notice.

So If you ever want to go diving or need a dive partner don't hesitate to contact me.....

:wav:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Will do Mikey, welcome to the board!! We try to dive every Wednesday night at Alki Cove 2 and every Saturday we mix it up and try to dive different sites, this Saturday we are diving the KVI radio tower you and your dive bud are welcome any time and it is always nice to have a pool (pun intended) of dive buds....
=D>
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

He Like it HEY Mikey!

I see you found us ok grate. I told you in our emails this was a happing place. I think your going to like the guys here. now you haveto get your dive buddy to log in as well.

Welcome aboard looking foward to diving with you soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Welcome to the club Mikey. We're glad to have another diver around :prayer:

When you get a chance, you can check out the gallery too (you have to register for it separately). :rr:
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Thanks for the Responses \:D/

Post by Mikey D »

To Dave; No problem on the pool, However I prefer to consider me joining a really GREAT POD....

Spanky; Thanks for Alll your help, I've been busy for the past week, getting stuff organized, taking my Mid Terms and looking forward to my next dive. My Fiancé comes home this week ( thursday ), She's been gone for over a month, so I probably wont go diving this coming weekend. :partyman: However Next weekend, for sure.. Unless she decides to tie me up and abuse me again ( one can hope )[/b] :prayer:

Anyway, I am basically a Water Slut, so as soon as I get the chance, I'll be contacting each of you for your scheds..

Thanks again, and I'll be chatting with you real soon..

Oh ! BTW.. Calvin I love the Gallery, hopefully I can add some of my own..
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Wow, great avatar Mikey :prayer:

I hope you get some good lovin from you fiance and let us know when you come up for air :sign10:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Hey mikey:

dont work to hard on them test sounds like your going to need your streanth.

does She dive?

hope to hear from you soon

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Mikey D
Just Settling In

No Problem !!

Post by Mikey D »

Saprky: I completed the Test last friday, turned it in today, fortunatley I was able to take it at home, so it made it go by faster rather than a stuffed up classroom with a clock ticking. Actually in fact she does ! However she is a Free Diver ( I could never do that, gotta have those tanks ), unfrotunatley she has some back problems, and is in ReHab so diving is out for now. She is from Hawaii, so cold weather isn't her thing, so when I go diving in the winter ( now ), she stays home. When the warmer temps come back, she'll go out and hang out with us for sure.

Calvin: I hope so too, as for the Air, she may have the upper hand on me, being a free diver that is. However I can hang in there.She's been telling me I'm gonna have my hands full. I have this feeling that it's gonna go like this: :axe: one can only HOPE !!

BTW: I have some dive pics of me pending, hopefully I can get them posted as my avatar, however I'm having problems editing them to fit here.. Hopefully they wont be too large... Does anyone know how I can manage this message board. I would like to make the NEWER messages come up first, is there a way to permanatley set them ?
The World is my Swimming Pool
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Mikey, are you referring to posts or messages within a post?
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Hello from Alaska

Post by Diver_Dave »

Im new to the board just wanted to say hello... :bootyshake:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

welcome to the board dave!!! im hopeing to make a trip up in that area in june.any suggestions on charters or dive sites?
Who run barter town?
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Hey Dave Welcome !!!!
=D>
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Dive charters here???

Post by Diver_Dave »

There is one guy who thinks he a diver and the shop is so over priced its not worth saying :toimonster: U come here and ill take u out diving to all the sites we can get to.. :salute:
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

sounds good i will let you know!!!!
Who run barter town?
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

June should be a good time to come up...Not as good as winter diving but u can still get 50ft of viss im sure u will injoy..
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Mikey D
Just Settling In

Hello :-)

Post by Mikey D »

Sorry for being gone as of late, I had come down with a NASTY FLU, and was incapacitated for over 2 weeks now. :pale: I finally got over it this weekend, an am looking forward to some diving this coming weekend the 1st or the 8th. \:D/

What's been happening ? ](*,)

Oh, BTW... Spanky, did you or Dave send me some maps of local dive sites, if so, can you refresh my memory, I have seemed to misplaced their locations, this Flu really caught me off gaurd, and when I get this sick, I tend to loose some short term memory... Did I mention that already ?? #-o
The World is my Swimming Pool