getting back in the water again

New to the NW Dive Club Forum? Come in and introduce yourself, the water's fine!
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

getting back in the water again

Post by no excuses »

I have been away from diving for a while and getting back into it again. Have dove for fun locally off the OR coast up to the San Juan islands and commercially as well in the oil fields of LA. Looking forward to getting back into diving. Looks like my girlfriend will be getting certified this winter as well so will have a dive buddy to go with. Glad to be on board :bootyshake: .

stan..
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: getting back in the water again

Post by dwashbur »

I have news for you: now that you're here, you have DOZENS of dive buddies! Welcome to the group!
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

welcome to the board, stan!

since you mention the OR coast, does that mean you're from Oregon?
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Scubagirl45 wrote:Hey Spatman - is that new avatar your super-hero logo??? :smt027

yep!

no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

spatman wrote:welcome to the board, stan!

since you mention the OR coast, does that mean you're from Oregon?
yeppers, an hour west of Portland across from Longview WA.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

dwashbur wrote:I have news for you: now that you're here, you have DOZENS of dive buddies! Welcome to the group!
Sweet always great to have dive buddies, plus would be great to have another pair of divers for two up and two down situations once I get the RIB up and going :supz: \:D/
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Scubagirl45 wrote:Welcome Stan!! This is a great place to hang out :supz:
sweet, always nice to havenew buddies to hang with :bounce:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

no excuses wrote:Sweet always great to have dive buddies, plus would be great to have another pair of divers for two up and two down situations once I get the RIB up and going :supz: \:D/
keep me updated on that! divernick (another Portland area diver) might be interested as well...

but RIB or not, keep us updated on your dives. carpooling up north is always good with the price of gas these days.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

spatman wrote:
no excuses wrote:Sweet always great to have dive buddies, plus would be great to have another pair of divers for two up and two down situations once I get the RIB up and going :supz: \:D/
keep me updated on that! divernick (another Portland area diver) might be interested as well...

but RIB or not, keep us updated on your dives. carpooling up north is always good with the price of gas these days.
yeh with the price of gas carpooling is def. a good thing. It will be two,three months before I get all my gear rounded up but thats not so bad, the vis. should start clearing up some by then anyway :bounce: . Do you ever go over to th coast and dive there?? I have a feeling that a crab and clam dive will be needed :bounce: .
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

no excuses wrote:yeh with the price of gas carpooling is def. a good thing. It will be two,three months before I get all my gear rounded up but thats not so bad, the vis. should start clearing up some by then anyway :bounce: . Do you ever go over to th coast and dive there?? I have a feeling that a crab and clam dive will be needed :bounce: .
actually, i have done zero oregon coast diving so far. yeah, i know, i suck.

let me know when you are ready to get your gear together, and we'll figure something out.
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Scubagirl45 wrote:
spatman wrote:
no excuses wrote:yeh with the price of gas carpooling is def. a good thing. It will be two,three months before I get all my gear rounded up but thats not so bad, the vis. should start clearing up some by then anyway :bounce: . Do you ever go over to th coast and dive there?? I have a feeling that a crab and clam dive will be needed :bounce: .
actually, i have done zero oregon coast diving so far. yeah, i know, i suck.

let me know when you are ready to get your gear together, and we'll figure something out.
I'd be happy to be included in some oregon coast diving also. It's no more driving time than Puget Sound.
Sounds like a plan, get some dive time in the OR coast. I have not done any diving for a while so it will take a while to figure out some of the good spots, I have a coworker who lives in Astoria and he does a lot of coast diving. I know that he will hook us up. I used to do a lot of diving right off of Pacific City, I also did some bay diving for crabs and clams in several differnt spots, not really exciting but it sure tasted good.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Welcome to the club! I'd love to hear more about your oil rig diving; that commercial stuff kinda blows my mind.....
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
nwbobber
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by nwbobber »

We would be up for that as well. We dove in tillamook bay last weekend, our first try at crabbing. It's not easy. It would be great to learn the tricks from and experienced crab wrangler. We did get some clams, as they don't move nearly as fast. It was a nice spot, like a nursery, with lots of smaller fish. By the way we live across the river from you in longview. Welcome to the board.
If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading - Lao Tzu
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Welcome to the board/club Stan!
Once you get that gear in order don't hesitate to get up this way and expierience(?sp) some good ol' Puget Sound diving. :supz:

Keith :smt035
midweek diver :bootyshake:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Glad to see you here Stan. Looking forward to you getting your boat together. Let me know when you want to dive. See you at work.

Jay
Lost some where called Brownsmead
no excuses
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by no excuses »

Hey Jay glad that you had a good dive, its just never a good thing to come in on graveyard and to see the parking lot empty and the day shift electrician still there :evil4:

stan