KVI tower

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
shaggie
Avid Diver

KVI tower

Post by shaggie »

I noticed there is no mention of KVI tower here. I dove it once from a boat and was wondering if there is any shore access to this sight.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: KVI tower

Post by Dusty2 »

Yes but it's a hell of a long walk!
BillZ
Aquanaut

Post by BillZ »

I've dove KVI a few times from shore (and a bunch of times from a boat). It's really not that bad of a walk if you're able to park in front of the gates. Maybe 100 yards over flat tide lands. The surface swim is a bit long but if you do it at low tide you can wade about 1/3 of the way down the sand bar.
SeahorseDeb
Avid Diver

Post by SeahorseDeb »

I dove KVI Tower Saturday from Ocean Quest Charters, here is a very short video of the profile. I don't have much experience with this camera, but I'm posting it to show the interesting profile with the hexagon pillars.... enjoy your dive!

https://vimeo.com/108972320
Last edited by SeahorseDeb on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why is the water so green......
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

There's shore side parking for 2 or 3 cars. No other facilities so use a bathroom before showing up.
Park here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/47%C2 ... :0x0?hl=en

Then a bit of a walk across the beach and the driftwood. Best done at a low slack tide so you can walk across the beach instead of swim, that also means if the current picks up you generally move south and towards the island vs north and away. Best to have the coordinates in a GPS so you know which direction to swim.

Its a great scooter dive, not such a great swim from shore.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.