C.I. Shenanigans

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

C.I. Shenanigans

Post by BASSMAN »

Dive Site Name: C.I. Shenanigans
Skill Level: All Divers
Current Sensitive: Maybe, but not to strong.
Location/Address:3017 Ruston Way,Tacoma, WA 98402
Directions: Same Parking lot as The "Ram" Restaurant, before you get to Les Davis Pier
http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1T4ADFA ... CDMQnwIwBw
Free Parking: Yes, Park @ West Side of parking lot, near Sandy Beach (Exit Area)
Staging Area: Tailgate or equivlent
Surface Swim: None!
Nearby Facilities: You can use bathrooms before you get to CI Shenanigans or @ Lesdavis Pier area
Special Considerations:Great Morning dives. When Restaurant is closed, there are plenty of parking spots.
I have not done a night dive here, yet! :smt064
Maximum Depth: 20' to 70' or as deep as you would like to go!
Known Hazards: None, that I know of
Dive Site Description:
(I will post a few pictures soon.)
This is an easy dive, with a shallow, bottle field :partydance: that has been picked pretty clean as far as I can tell. But I think there are still a few treasures to be found here. As stated above you should park on the West side of the parking lot near the Beach access area, that is where you get out of the water at the end of the dive.

For the entry, we do a Giant Stride :supz: off of the "Ram's" dock where you should see a couple of parasail boats docked.
In between the Ram's dock and the C I Shenanigan's dock, there is a large Dry Dock :taco: sunken below the water, I've heard on a low tide you can actually see part of the "Dry Dock"
I'm sure there are other profiles you can do at this site, but for me and my buddy, we swam West, just after doing the "Giant Stride" and swam directly to the "Dry Dock" and then swam North, to deeper water, @ about 50' I started to see a few bottles and then, as we got to about 60', we were well into the bottle field. At 60' or 65' whatever you feel comfortable with, You can browse the "Bottle Field" as you swim or ride a small current to the West.
As you come shallower, you should run into the, C I Shenanigans fence, below the Restaurant, follow that, as it turns towards shore and you exit on the West side of the restaurant. :bye:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: