Cove 2 - Alki (Seacrest)

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
carlk3
Aquaphile

Re: Cove 2 - Alki (Seacrest)

Post by carlk3 »

This map below from pnwscuba.com seems to be the one everyone refers to now.
I think, however, there are now two white buoy's with red stripes. Is that right?

Has anything else changed?

(I think the rope path from the white buoy may now go not only toward the non-intact Honey Bear but also the other way: to the other white buoy and perhaps to No Dive Zone boundary rope. Right?)

- Carl

LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

The boundary line has shifted somewhat to the left; that was part of the reworking that was done a couple of years ago when the boundary line was replaced. In addition, a cross-cove line at about 45 - 50 feet was put in, that goes from the boundary line to the original can buoy.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
carlk3
Aquaphile

Post by carlk3 »

LCF, Thanks!

I'd love to see a sonar image. (And, of course, someday, when someone creates an updated map, that will be much appreciated.)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

The boundary line changed when the dock for the water taxi was reconfigured. The dock used to be "L" shaped, and the water taxi would pull in and back out parallel to shore. When they redid it a few years back they made it "T" shaped, so that the water taxi now pulls in and backs out perpendicular to shore. This meant the taxi needed less space, and the divers gained more of the area they'd given up for the taxi back in 2002.

... bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/