Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

Post by Rockfish » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:32 am

Thanks for the info. I went and looked at the dock area yesterday and so far they only have the orange mesh construction fencing installed to prevent access to the dock from shore.

Sure would have been nice if they could have allowed us to crab there in July.

Oh well now the hunt is on to find another spot to get your limit of crab.

One word of warning to those who might think it would be OK to dive the POE barge dock next to the Oil dock is DON'T. The POE is bringing barges in and out at any time during the day and they REALLY do not like it when there are divers in the water and they are trying to dock a barge. While it does not specifically say that diving is not allowed I'm sure that if they wanted to make a case out of it they could.

Mike

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

Post by Tangfish » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 am

Thank you, Magoi! I updated the dive site listing with the map you provided.

Magoi
Dive-aholic

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock

Post by Magoi » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:15 pm

I received this from a dive buddy today - shows the restricted area around the oil dock and the planned schedule.
Attachments
MukilteoFerry_8 5x11_Flyer_05202015_v4_opt2.pdf
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 233 times
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

PacNWDad
Getting To Know Folks

Post by PacNWDad » Thu May 28, 2015 11:07 am

Tear down begins in June. No more crab :(

Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 am

One other thing is that we never sought permission to put in the buoy. We just did it and never heard from anyone about it.

This is not to say that it is OK to do this without approval.

These are the sorts of things best done under the cover of darkness and the less said about it the better.

One day there was nothing there and then the next there was.....

Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am

It has been a long time since I have dove the T-dock but there used to be an up line from the pyramid concrete block in 130 FSW that went to a 30 gallon barrel. The surface buoy was attached to that sub surface buoy. We tried to set it at about 15 feet under water. At extreme low tides the top of the barrel would just barely break the surface.

If the barrel is still there and you decide to attach to it the surface buoy needs to be able to swivel around the line or else it will get wrapped around the line and pulled underwater due to tidal action.

Another problem is that the line will attract mussels and other sea life which will weigh down the surface buoy and drag it under water.

Mike

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:14 am

Its, Muk. Just do it.
You will never get official DNR permission, don't even bother unless you have a bunch of money and lots of hair you want to pull out. There has been a buoy on "the man" for over a decade this is nothing new or citation worthy IMO.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.

meex56
Frequent Bubbler

Post by meex56 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:33 am

The bouy has been gone for quite some time now :-( does anyone know if you need permission from the state or any other agency to put another Bouy marking the boat? Me and my dive buddy are planning on putting a semi permanent bouy where the old one used to be just don't want to do it and get a ticket for it.

Anyone know if I can just do it or do I need to ask someone first?

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

That 3rd boat /jungle gym boat was added after this post was started.
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:47 am

2loud4u wrote:Nice! You can just send Mortuus the bill...

Hey, what! I never saw this post.... I guess that would explain all that missing money. Dammit Jeremy!

Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm

2loud4u wrote:I like it as well, don't take it so hard. I just pointed out that there are 2 boats down there... not that big a deal.

What about the jungle gym boat / pipe boat up the draw from the troll? Doesn't that make three boats? :smt064
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:20 am

Nice! You can just send Mortuus the bill...

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo T-Dock

Post by Jeremy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:44 am

No problem, talked with my psychologist about it for a few hours...we're all good now.
;)

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:53 am

I like it as well, don't take it so hard. I just pointed out that there are 2 boats down there... not that big a deal.

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

Jeremy wrote:
2loud4u wrote:Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.

I spent literally minutes composing that fine map. Minutes!

I can't possibly have missed the small boat. But if I did, it's because I'm not a Padi DM.

Well if it makes you feel better, i happen to like that map :)

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:49 am

2loud4u wrote:Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.

I spent literally minutes composing that fine map. Minutes!

I can't possibly have missed the small boat. But if I did, it's because I'm not a Padi DM.

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:35 am

I didnt make the map. Im just posting it

2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:12 am

Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.

Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:00 pm

Map drawn up for the March 31st club dive this year: Image

Pretty accurate

Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:13 am

I've got one that I made a couple of years ago in Excel. It's on my home computer so it would be tonight or tomorrow before I could send you a copy. If you would like to send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you what I have.

I did map the T-dock when I did my DM but that was over 20 years ago and I think things have changed a lot since then.

Mike

CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Does anyone have an UW map of this site? I basically know it but a friend of mine wants a map and I don't really want to sketch one from memory. There's got to be a DM somewhere who mapped this site??
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:17 pm

Nwbrewer wrote:
scottsax wrote:I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?

I recommend coming to Monday Madness for a guided tour.

Of course, but even the later splash is pushing it when I have to come from work in Tukwila. I will try.

And then Nwbrewer wrote:Most of the stuff is straight out from the entry, the Geodome is in about 50', and slightly East of the pier. There are two small runabouts, one at roughly 40' deep and West of the Geodome, and another just below 60' to the East of the Geodome. There is some "artificial reefing material. Just East of the end of the pier.

You can also hit around a 40-50' contour and head east until you find the "brickyard" which is just a lot of small debris on the bottom. You can spend a lot of time here just poking around looking at the little stuff here.

Have fun.

Thanks for the info!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!

Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:45 pm

scottsax wrote:I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?

I recommend coming to Monday Madness for a guided tour.

Most of the stuff is straight out from the entry, the Geodome is in about 50', and slightly East of the pier. There are two small runabouts, one at roughly 40' deep and West of the Geodome, and another just below 60' to the East of the Geodome. There is some "artificial reefing material. Just East of the end of the pier.

You can also hit around a 40-50' contour and head east until you find the "brickyard" which is just a lot of small debris on the bottom. You can spend a lot of time here just poking around looking at the little stuff here.

Have fun.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:23 pm

I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!

Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:48 pm

Once upon a time there were several lines in place. There was a line from the boat at 130 feet to the troll and a second line from the troll to a log at 100 feet that ran along the bottom and a third line that ran from the troll across the "gap" to the log at 100 feet. We liked to descend just past the end of the t-dock and hit the log (on line directly out from the dock) then follow the line at 100 feet to the troll. You could stay at 100 - 110 feet which was nice. Someone took it upon themselves to "police" the area and cut the line multiple times. I've always though that it would be nice to make a circuit that you could use to navigate to all of the sights underwater like from the t-dock to the troll with a side line to the geo dome then to the boat then the satellite dish and back up to the block at 20 feet. Mukilteo is very easy for someone who is not familiar with the area to get lost. Just my $0.02 worth.

Mike