Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock

Post by Rockfish »

It has been a long time since I have dove the T-dock but there used to be an up line from the pyramid concrete block in 130 FSW that went to a 30 gallon barrel. The surface buoy was attached to that sub surface buoy. We tried to set it at about 15 feet under water. At extreme low tides the top of the barrel would just barely break the surface.

If the barrel is still there and you decide to attach to it the surface buoy needs to be able to swivel around the line or else it will get wrapped around the line and pulled underwater due to tidal action.

Another problem is that the line will attract mussels and other sea life which will weigh down the surface buoy and drag it under water.

Mike
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

One other thing is that we never sought permission to put in the buoy. We just did it and never heard from anyone about it.

This is not to say that it is OK to do this without approval.

These are the sorts of things best done under the cover of darkness and the less said about it the better.

One day there was nothing there and then the next there was.....
PacNWDad
Getting To Know Folks

Post by PacNWDad »

Tear down begins in June. No more crab :(
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Post by Magoi »

I received this from a dive buddy today - shows the restricted area around the oil dock and the planned schedule.
Attachments
MukilteoFerry_8 5x11_Flyer_05202015_v4_opt2.pdf
(1.41 MiB) Downloaded 411 times
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

Post by Tangfish »

Thank you, Magoi! I updated the dive site listing with the map you provided.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

Post by Rockfish »

Thanks for the info. I went and looked at the dock area yesterday and so far they only have the orange mesh construction fencing installed to prevent access to the dock from shore.

Sure would have been nice if they could have allowed us to crab there in July.

Oh well now the hunt is on to find another spot to get your limit of crab.

One word of warning to those who might think it would be OK to dive the POE barge dock next to the Oil dock is DON'T. The POE is bringing barges in and out at any time during the day and they REALLY do not like it when there are divers in the water and they are trying to dock a barge. While it does not specifically say that diving is not allowed I'm sure that if they wanted to make a case out of it they could.

Mike