Mukilteo T-Dock [Under Construction]

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Mukilteo T-Dock

Post by Joshua Smith »

It'd be worth 20 bucks to me, easy! I'll get way more than 20$ worth of entertainment out of it!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
smike
Extreme Diving Machine

Re:

Post by smike »

Sasquatch wrote:John, are those the tracks that are still there just east of the entry?
OK, this is a response to an old post - but since I ran across the tracks yesterday, I felt compelled to answer this... YES the tracks are still there. They are 50' east of the T-dock.

BTW - there seems to be some confusion about which direction is which at Mukilteo. This beach faces almost straight north, it runs almost completely East-West at this spot.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?client=f ... 4&t=h&z=19
Behold, the King reigns! You are his publicity agents. Therefore advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and his kingdom.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

I guess that shows how much I use my compass there. The contour is so steep, I never really bothered. Thanks Josh and Pez. I have no desire to go back to the boat until I hear that Octozilla is back under it or something.
octo$teve43
Frequent Bubbler

Post by octo$teve43 »

there is supposedly a line from the boat at 115' or so to the troll is that true?
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

octo$teve43 wrote:there is supposedly a line from the boat at 115' or so to the troll is that true?
Welcome to the club Octo
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

octo$teve43 wrote:there is supposedly a line from the boat at 115' or so to the troll is that true?
Yes, there has been a line running from the sunken boat to the "Troll" for years. However, I haven't dived the site in a few months, so it is possible that the line is no longer there.

Even if the line is in place, keep a sharp eye on your compass so that you firmly understand your location at all times. The Troll is actually on top of a large underwater "knoll" and you will be ascending as you approach it from the sunken boat. Once you leave the Troll and start to head in toward shore you will be descending from the top of the knoll before you once again begin to ascend the slope toward shore, (if you follow the bottom contours). You literally will be going deeper before you can head up the slope. This can easily confuse a diver that doesn't understand the topography, has not been keeping an eye on his/her compass and/or that doesn't understand underwater navigation very well.

The dive to the boat and then up to the Troll is definitely one for someone that thoroughly understands navigation, trusts their ability with their compass, and has well-developed gas management skills. People without those things can easily find themselves lost, confused and running low on gas - bad things to have happen at that depth.

- John
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

Once upon a time there were several lines in place. There was a line from the boat at 130 feet to the troll and a second line from the troll to a log at 100 feet that ran along the bottom and a third line that ran from the troll across the "gap" to the log at 100 feet. We liked to descend just past the end of the t-dock and hit the log (on line directly out from the dock) then follow the line at 100 feet to the troll. You could stay at 100 - 110 feet which was nice. Someone took it upon themselves to "police" the area and cut the line multiple times. I've always though that it would be nice to make a circuit that you could use to navigate to all of the sights underwater like from the t-dock to the troll with a side line to the geo dome then to the boat then the satellite dish and back up to the block at 20 feet. Mukilteo is very easy for someone who is not familiar with the area to get lost. Just my $0.02 worth.

Mike
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

scottsax wrote:I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?
I recommend coming to Monday Madness for a guided tour.

Most of the stuff is straight out from the entry, the Geodome is in about 50', and slightly East of the pier. There are two small runabouts, one at roughly 40' deep and West of the Geodome, and another just below 60' to the East of the Geodome. There is some "artificial reefing material. Just East of the end of the pier.

You can also hit around a 40-50' contour and head east until you find the "brickyard" which is just a lot of small debris on the bottom. You can spend a lot of time here just poking around looking at the little stuff here.

Have fun.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Nwbrewer wrote:
scottsax wrote:I did my OW dives here, but have only been back once or twice. Any recommended routes to explore from the Silver Cloud entry?
I recommend coming to Monday Madness for a guided tour.
Of course, but even the later splash is pushing it when I have to come from work in Tukwila. I will try.
And then Nwbrewer wrote: Most of the stuff is straight out from the entry, the Geodome is in about 50', and slightly East of the pier. There are two small runabouts, one at roughly 40' deep and West of the Geodome, and another just below 60' to the East of the Geodome. There is some "artificial reefing material. Just East of the end of the pier.

You can also hit around a 40-50' contour and head east until you find the "brickyard" which is just a lot of small debris on the bottom. You can spend a lot of time here just poking around looking at the little stuff here.

Have fun.
Thanks for the info!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Does anyone have an UW map of this site? I basically know it but a friend of mine wants a map and I don't really want to sketch one from memory. There's got to be a DM somewhere who mapped this site??
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Rockfish
Dive-aholic

Post by Rockfish »

I've got one that I made a couple of years ago in Excel. It's on my home computer so it would be tonight or tomorrow before I could send you a copy. If you would like to send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you what I have.

I did map the T-dock when I did my DM but that was over 20 years ago and I think things have changed a lot since then.

Mike
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Map drawn up for the March 31st club dive this year: Image

Pretty accurate
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I didnt make the map. Im just posting it
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

2loud4u wrote:Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.
I spent literally minutes composing that fine map. Minutes!

I can't possibly have missed the small boat. But if I did, it's because I'm not a Padi DM.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Jeremy wrote:
2loud4u wrote:Your missing the small boat that's by the dish / man.
I spent literally minutes composing that fine map. Minutes!

I can't possibly have missed the small boat. But if I did, it's because I'm not a Padi DM.
Well if it makes you feel better, i happen to like that map :)
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

I like it as well, don't take it so hard. I just pointed out that there are 2 boats down there... not that big a deal.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Mukilteo T-Dock

Post by Jeremy »

No problem, talked with my psychologist about it for a few hours...we're all good now.
;)
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

Nice! You can just send Mortuus the bill...
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Mateo1147 »

2loud4u wrote:I like it as well, don't take it so hard. I just pointed out that there are 2 boats down there... not that big a deal.
What about the jungle gym boat / pipe boat up the draw from the troll? Doesn't that make three boats? :smt064
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

2loud4u wrote:Nice! You can just send Mortuus the bill...
Hey, what! I never saw this post.... I guess that would explain all that missing money. Dammit Jeremy!
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Post by 2loud4u »

That 3rd boat /jungle gym boat was added after this post was started.
meex56
Frequent Bubbler

Post by meex56 »

The bouy has been gone for quite some time now :-( does anyone know if you need permission from the state or any other agency to put another Bouy marking the boat? Me and my dive buddy are planning on putting a semi permanent bouy where the old one used to be just don't want to do it and get a ticket for it.

Anyone know if I can just do it or do I need to ask someone first?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Its, Muk. Just do it.
You will never get official DNR permission, don't even bother unless you have a bunch of money and lots of hair you want to pull out. There has been a buoy on "the man" for over a decade this is nothing new or citation worthy IMO.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.