Dalco wall

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Dalco wall

Post by JJHACK »

Tell me what this dive is like. Are there different options to follow along the way?
The best things in life are not things
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Dalco wall

Post by GearHead »

Dalco Wall is largely a structure dive. The wall is clay and changes over time, but there are usually big slabs that have broken away from the main wall. There may be bore holes from burrowing clams and small critters inhabiting the holes and small overhangs. Sometimes lots of shrimp. It is also quite deep.
I've only done it from a live boat, so we tend to drift slowly with the prevailing current at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

Its a near vertical sandstone wall, the top is around 40ft and the bottom around 140ft. About the only choice to make is what depth. You only want to do it at high slack.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I thought the bottom was 180?
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
JJHACK
Aquaphile

Post by JJHACK »

140-180-5000? Matters not to me I won't be going that deep anyway. 130 feet is as deep as I care to dive. In the tropics it's still good vis and wildlife abounds. In the sound I think most of the things I enjoy are much shallower than 130 feet.
The best things in life are not things
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

To each their own, I dont even really consider it a dive until I break at least 150 and preferably 200ft.

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I hit 206 fsw at Dalco last year....and it was getting deeper when I headed up for deco
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

JJHACK wrote:140-180-5000? Matters not to me I won't be going that deep anyway. 130 feet is as deep as I care to dive. In the tropics it's still good vis and wildlife abounds. In the sound I think most of the things I enjoy are much shallower than 130 feet.
its a scalloped sandstone wall without as much life as you might expect (on eg basalt or granite) since the sandstone erodes in the current and the bigger organisms fall off.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Jeremy wrote:I hit 206 fsw at Dalco last year....and it was getting deeper when I headed up for deco
Once I get my boat, its on my bucket list to hit.