Admiralty Inlet, If you've been eyeing those Points...

This forum consists of a listing of dive sites, including directions and other essential info. Plan your dive, dive your plan.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Admiralty Inlet, If you've been eyeing those Points...

Post by CaptnJack »

There are quite a few intriquing points of land up in Admiralty Inlet. Point No Point, Bush Point, Lagoon Point etc. Steding, Rob, Chris, and myself confirmed that at least Bush Point and Lagoon Point, while looking precipitous and current swept on the charts, are really not great as divesites go. Steep gravel and cobble, with really dumb flounders. Twas kinda fun to play in the current with scooters but not worth a return trip for us. :smt035
Sudie
Frequent Bubbler

Re: If you've been eyeing those Points up in Admiralty Inlet...

Post by Sudie »

I can concurr with your assessment. We live on Foulweather Bluff and I can vouch that Point no Point is not so interesting (lots of very clean rock) and if you go while is ripping along you can get tumbled very easily. It is novel to sit in the current with the scooter on high and realize you are going backwards however. :)

Foulweather Bluff has had massive changes since the point got developed. It was large rocks, tons of clams and sea stars, anenomes and stuff, now the substrate is primarily sand thanks to the hillside sloughing off.

Now the Kelp beds in front of the house (Skunk Bay) are entertaining, but be aware of the huge backeddy in this area, best if done with a live boat.