Metric vs Imperial

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
krisdahl
Just Settling In

Metric vs Imperial

Post by krisdahl »

Bought a Suunto Vyper computer, and was playing with it. Notice that it is currently set for imperial, and although I'm American I prefer the metric system for stuff. I learned to dive overseas, and the log book and RDP are all in metric (so far).

I realize it is primarily personal preference but do most people in the states use imperial?

I'd like to stick with metric, but if most everyone around here uses imperial, it may behoove me to do so likewise for fear of doing some incorrect math when planning.

Thoughts?
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Metric vs Imperial

Post by CaptnJack »

i doubt you'll find any people using metric in puget sound.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
2loud4u
Compulsive Diver

Re: Metric vs Imperial

Post by 2loud4u »

I just bought the exact same computer and had to change it to imperial units. I still think in meters, instead of feet, Celsius instead of Farenheit even after years in the US, but for the purpose of uniformity I continue to record dives in imperial measurements.
FTM ~ PTB ~ EGH ~ RFB ~ KTF ~ DTRT