Free Decompression Workshop

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Free Decompression Workshop

Post by vbcoachchris »

I have a few spots open for a free decompression workshop scheduled for Thursday February 25th from 6:30 – 9:00 PM in Kenmore or Seattle (depending on final numbers).

The workshop will cover the following:

Evolution of Decompression models
Current Decompression Models
Decompression strategies (Tables, computers, ratio strategies)

Whether you are a recreational diver or a technical diver, understanding what we know, think we know, and don’t know might help you in your diving enjoyment.

We will focus on Recreational and "Techreational" profiles

Call or email to secure a spot.

Scott

scott@soundaquatics.com
425 241 1114
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Re: Free Decompression Workshop

Post by vbcoachchris »

I am full as of now. Current location can't seat more than 20 people, but I will look for a larger location.

Scott
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Darn it. :banghead:

Too late on the trigger.

I could have actually made this one.

Darn it. :banghead:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
sheahanmcculla
I've Got Gills

Post by sheahanmcculla »

I would come as well if you found a bigger place.
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

I might be able to use the classroom at the Lighthouse in Lynnwood. I that to far north?

Scott
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Scott, we can pretty easily accomodate more than 20 in our living room (we've done it before) but people will have to bring folding or plastic chairs.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

That might work. Does that night work for you for sure? Will parking be an issue?

Scott
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Thursday the 25th at the TSandM Ranch?! Hmmm... I might just have to put that on the calendar!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Sounder wrote:Thursday the 25th at the TSandM Ranch?! Hmmm... I might just have to put that on the calendar!
Since there are so many people wanting to come who've never been to one of these before, might be a nice gesture to put yourself on a "reserve" ... pending available space. Give seating preference to someone who hasn't yet been exposed to the information.

Just a thought ... these free seminars really are a tremendous opportunity for people to learn things they don't normally teach you in a recreational class setting ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

That's a really cool to put together stuff like this Scott... I'd love to join in if you can find a venue that accomodates more peep's... I think Winter would jump in too.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:
Sounder wrote:Thursday the 25th at the TSandM Ranch?! Hmmm... I might just have to put that on the calendar!
Since there are so many people wanting to come who've never been to one of these before, might be a nice gesture to put yourself on a "reserve" ... pending available space. Give seating preference to someone who hasn't yet been exposed to the information.

Just a thought ... these free seminars really are a tremendous opportunity for people to learn things they don't normally teach you in a recreational class setting ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I was thinking I'd probably be standing in the back... or listening from the kitchen. Certainly if it's me or someone else, I'll skip it.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Sounder wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
I was thinking I'd probably be standing in the back... or listening from the kitchen. Certainly if it's me or someone else, I'll skip it.
Will there be beer in the kitchen?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

cardiver wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Mac and Jack's no doubt ... why else do you think he'd be going?

:occasion5: :mmmbeer: :partyman:

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Grateful Diver wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
I don't think it's "that" kind of event... the information is too important and worthwhile to be clouded by beverages. I'm up for a beer somewhere in Woodinville after the class is over though!
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Sounder wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:
cardiver wrote:
Sounder wrote:
Grateful Diver wrote:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
I don't think it's "that" kind of event... the information is too important and worthwhile to be clouded by beverages. I'm up for a beer somewhere in Woodinville after the class is over though!
Someone has hijacked Dougs account!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

cardiver wrote:Someone has hijacked Dougs account!
I just don't want people to get the wrong idea.

I've certainly enjoyed my share (and others' shares at times too!) of beverages in the TSandM kitchen though.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

No Mac & Jacks at our house. We're Fat Tire folks.

Parking shouldn't be a big issue, especially if folks carpool if they can. We can park a lot of vehicles in the parking area and along the driveway.

We've had some good-sized events at the house before, but in those days we had the chairs from Peter's business to call upon. Space we've got, power we've got, parking we've got, but chairs we don't have.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Just sent an email to Scott.

I'm in if there's room.

And I'm happy to bring a chair.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

Actually I use beer in the workshop. It makes a great demo. I am open to any brand.

Scott
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

vbcoachchris wrote:Actually I use beer in the workshop. It makes a great demo. I am open to any brand.

Scott

THAT'S a sig line, if I ever saw one. I might try and stand in the back, if there's room enough.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

There will be room in the kitchen, and in the basement (where the beer is) for lots of kibitzers.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:There will be room in the kitchen, and in the basement (where the beer is) for lots of kibitzers.
Shhhh... just don't mention the redundant black cats.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Oh, forgot to mention that, if we hold it at my house, everybody attending has to wear black . . . :)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

LCF wrote:Oh, forgot to mention that, if we hold it at my house, everybody attending has to wear black . . . :)
:goodpost: I might even have a few extra black shirts laying around.
vbcoachchris
Dive-aholic

Post by vbcoachchris »

Lynn,

Where do you want me to cap the final number? Most people are coming from different places (after work), so I doubt there will be much carpooling.

Scott