1st aid/CPR/AED/O2 provider

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
DBrown
Frequent Bubbler

Re: 1st aid/CPR/AED/O2 provider

Post by DBrown »

scottsax wrote:
ktb wrote:
Zen Diver wrote:What a fun day! Scott, Kelly and Derrick were OUTSTANDING students! =D> Excellent skills, great questions and an all around fun group to work with :grouphug: Special thanks to host and victim Bob Bailey for letting us invade his space for the entire day. :thankyouyellow:

Here's a sampling of what the rest of you missed
And boy did you miss out! Val's knowledge and experience is amazing, and I cannot recommend her enough as an instructor. When you add in Bob's additional knowledge (and host duties), it was a fantastic day of learning. And it didn't hurt to have Scott and Derrick making us laugh so hard we cried. Those two are NOT allowed to take another class together!

Thank you Valerie!!! =D>
I'd like to think that for every joke, one-liner, or movie quote I told, I asked a good question, too. I would be wrong, but I'd like to think that... Seriously, it was an incredibly informative day, and thanks to Bob for hosting, Valerie for teaching, and my classmates for being committed and having a sense of humor.

Remember, everyone: No NEW defects!
I couldn't have said it better myself...so I won't try! Thanks to Valerie and Bob both for teaching and hosting, and thanks to Scott and Kelly for making it fun. :thankyouyellow: SUPER FUN group!! :grouphug:

What's my baseline for movie quote to question ratio to ensure no new defects? ;) Heheh.
================================================
In the immortal last words of Socrates..."I drank what??"
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i'm glad to hear you guys had a blast. i know i had a great time in our class last year, for the same reasons you did.

if anyone hasn't taken val's classes yet, you're in for good times and lots of fun learning.
jedijordos
Avid Diver

Post by jedijordos »

by John Rawlings » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:15 am

For any of you "North-Enders" that are interested in these classes, as Valerie mentioned above I've offered her the use of my house in Mill Creek as a location for it. Looks like sometime in April or May....

Please respond here if there is interest so that she can get an estimate of how many students to reasonably expect.

- John
Im a little late on this one. But if anyone is still planning a North-end course. I would like to get my cpr/efr out of the way to prepare for Rescue ASAP. I could also host at my place in Edmonds. http://sunsetbaywharf.com/default.aspx
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

jedijordos wrote: Im a little late on this one. But if anyone is still planning a North-end course. I would like to get my cpr/efr out of the way to prepare for Rescue ASAP. I could also host at my place in Edmonds. http://sunsetbaywharf.com/default.aspx
Is that the former marina next to 100ft Rock???
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
jedijordos
Avid Diver

Post by jedijordos »

No. Its about 1/2 mile North along the coast.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safa ... CBMQnwIwAA
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Valerie,
the discussion of jelly stings reminded me to ask if you have any plans to do a northend version anytime? Still very interested in the full meal deal!
Last edited by Paulicarp on Sat May 29, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

How's the end of June or end of July? My weekends have managed to fill with one kind of teaching or another before then.

June 26 or
July 24

John, do either of those dates work for you?

Valerie
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I'd vote for July, if given the option, for what its worth
Last edited by Norris on Sat May 29, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

July 24th works for using our place! :taco:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Sign me up too, please!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Ditto.