Gas Management Seminars

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Gas Management Seminars

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be hosting three gas management seminars over the next few months.

Wednesday, January 31 at Federal Way Underwater Sports - starts at 7 PM

Friday, February 23 at Tacoma Scuba ... starts at 7:30 PM

Wednesday, April 25 at Federal Way Underwater Sports - starts at 7 PM

This is a free seminar ... and I would encourage everyone who doesn't already know this stuff to attend one of the sessions ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

sign me up for the one on the 31st. and if anyone else in seattle wants to bum a ride let me know.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I'll be at the Feb 23rd seminar, hopefully dragging a few newly certified divers with me! :supz: This will be my second time taking it, and I'd sure encourage folks to go & invite their friends!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If Erica and I are in town, we may also be re-attending on the 23rd... even after reviewing my notes and handouts, I'm sure there's something I didn't catch the first time and plenty to hear a second.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Just a reminder that the gas management seminar is at Federal Way UWS next Wednesday, January 31, starting at 7 PM.

I've also got two seminars scheduled next month ...

Saturday, February 17th in Port Townsend at Townsend Bay dive shop, starting at 5 PM.

Friday, February 23rd at Tacoma Scuba starting at 7:30 PM

Hope to see some of y'all at one of these events ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

And if you haven't already taken it I'd highly recommend Bob's seminar, priceless info that may save your life. If you have taken it already, it's worth a refresher. I'd be there myself (again) if I wasn't working for every single offering! :-({|=

-Valerie
Celeus
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Celeus »

Anyone have an idea of what time I would need to leave downtown Bellevue in order to make this class?

Thanks!
-- Celeus
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

How about NOW! The traffic from Bellevue is horrible!!!! Give yourself at least 45 minutes from where I-405 and I-5 meet. I don't really have a good estimation from Bellevue but that's best guess from where I would be coming from.. So add your typical time from Bellevue to the interchange... Good luck..
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If you left Bellevue at 4pm, you'd make it for sure. If you left at 5pm you'd be fine too UNLESS the south-bound I-5 traffic bogged you down (which can happen). 405 south through Renton can be a pain too.

Just watch the traffic at http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/seattle/ and then plan your route (I-90 to I-5 might be better than I-405 south to I-5).

I'm sure Murphy's Law will be in full effect as it always is when you're trying to make something on time! ](*,)

The class will change the way you dive and is well worth it. You'll walk away with information that will make you a safer diver.
Celeus
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Celeus »

Oh, I plan on taking the class, it's just when I can fit it in. My Adv. Nitrox/Deco class is next weekend, so getting this class in relatively soon makes a lot of sense.

Thanks!
-- Celeus
bet63
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bet63 »

Grateful Diver wrote:Just a reminder that the gas management seminar
Friday, February 23rd at Tacoma Scuba starting at 7:30 PM
Hope to see some of y'all at one of these events ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Please register at http://www.tacomascuba.net/id7.html for Grateful Divers next Gas Managemnet seminar.

Brian
Tacoma Scuba
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Just so you know ... the Feb. 17th seminar in Pt. Townsend has been cancelled ... it will be rescheduled sometime later in the year.

The next seminar will be Feb. 23rd at Tacoma Scuba ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
don
Aquaphile

Post by don »

Thanks for taking the time to put these seminars on. It was great to meet you last night and it was worth well worth the drive. Keep up the great work!
don
bet63
Frequent Bubbler

Re: Gas Management Seminars

Post by bet63 »

Hope to see many of you there.

Briaan
Grateful Diver wrote:I'll be hosting a gas management seminar.

Friday, February 23 at Tacoma Scuba ... starts at 7:30 PM

This is a free seminar ... and I would encourage everyone who doesn't already know this stuff to attend one of the sessions ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I'll be presenting a gas management seminar on April 25th at the Federal Way Underwater Sports. Seminar starts at 7 PM, and is free.

I would especially encourage any of our newer divers to attend ... this is important information that, for some reason, none of the major agencies provide in their recreational classes ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Post by girldiver »

Bob...

Definitely going to do whatever's needed to attend this one. I missed the one at Tacoma Scuba...and you've now made it on my "list of things to do before I die"...so I need to be there!

Thanks in advance for providing this workshop. Hugely needed...
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I'll be there for the April 25th session in Federal Way. Are we arranging for pizza, and soda. I'll bring some cups and soda to get it started if plans have not yet been made.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:I'll be there for the April 25th session in Federal Way. Are we arranging for pizza, and soda. I'll bring some cups and soda to get it started if plans have not yet been made.
We don't normally do refreshments when I do these at UWS ... Brian and Wally did buy pizza for the one I did at Tacoma Scuba.

This will probably be the last one I do for a while ... perhaps until late summer or so. I've been concentrating them here on the south KC/Tacoma area and would like to offer some at other locations. so if anyone is interested in a more local presentation, all it takes is for your LDS owner/manager to invite me ... I do them for free.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

If you have not yet been to at LEAST one of these seminars, you need to go. I'm trying to figure out a time to attend it a second time. The material is critical and will help you become a safer diver. You'll enjoy your diving more because your confidence and ability in planning will improve.

Please, if you haven't been to one of these talks, please go. Everyone needs this class.

Kudos to Bob for teaching these. :salute:
girldiver
Compulsive Diver

Thanks!!!

Post by girldiver »

Thank you to Bob for the awesome Gas Management Seminar at U/W Federal Way last night. I'd been meaning to get to one for about a year now...and finally made it.

This was a great presentation...definitely made me rethink some things...and I'll probably be doubling up here soon!

I also picked up some tips that I can use with my students. (if an instructor doesn't keep learning...what more can they teach?)

Thanks again Bob!!
Cindy
http://www.scubashoppe.com -
Retail, Training, Travel and a Full Service Center: 130 Main Street, Auburn.