Anybody have the open water diving manual

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
jedijordos
Avid Diver

Anybody have the open water diving manual

Post by jedijordos »

Hello

My good friend is finally getting certified. another friend gave him their OW book for his course but the question pages were torn out. Does anyone have a complete book they would like to sell him? I don't mean to rub anybody the wrong way with this request.

Thank you
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Anybody have the open water diving manual

Post by Dusty2 »

Unfortunatly that's part of the course. That's why the pages are missing.
spudgunman
Compulsive Diver

Post by spudgunman »

haha a great way to keep selling material!
Kelly(boy)
_____
Per TOS: I explicitly ask you to feel free to criticize me constructively or just because you want to pick on me.
Mongodives
Aquaphile

Post by Mongodives »

The Instructor doesn't have one? How does he/she teach without one for student use?
"we're gonna need a bigger boat" Sherriff Brody
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Mongodives wrote:The Instructor doesn't have one? How does he/she teach without one for student use?

With PADI, at any rate: The students are expected to buy the manual and fill in the tear-out worksheets. Only original-not copied-tear outs are accepted for certification. Since PADI's basic OW class is typically very cheap (I wandered in and signed up during one of their 199.99$ sales....), I don't really object to the policy, myself.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Mongodives wrote:The Instructor doesn't have one? How does he/she teach without one for student use?

With PADI, at any rate: The students are expected to buy the manual and fill in the tear-out worksheets. Only original-not copied-tear outs are accepted for certification. Since PADI's basic OW class is typically very cheap (I wandered in and signed up during one of their 199.99$ sales....), I don't really object to the policy, myself.
They're expected to, but I shared a book with my buddy for the OW class and photocopied the tests. We also shared one for AOW.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

It really depends on the instructor I think. Some are very adement about PADI getting their money, and some understand that SCUBA is quite a financial commitment and will help to ease the pain of the upcoming purchases by allowing those type of deals.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i'm getting that strange feeling of deja vu.
Highliner
Avid Diver

Post by Highliner »

I have a complete unused OW crewpack I'll sell for $25.
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Idle curiousity this morning....doesn't everyone get the PADI blue/clear ziplock bag full of OW materials - including the manual - when they sign up/pay for for OW class? (I seem to recall that happening when I took OW with four or five other folks.)

Or is that up to the individual instructor?
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

lizard0924 wrote:Idle curiousity this morning....doesn't everyone get the PADI blue/clear ziplock bag full of OW materials - including the manual - when they sign up/pay for for OW class? (I seem to recall that happening when I took OW with four or five other folks.)

Or is that up to the individual instructor?
Many shops simply include it in the price of the class. Some do not, in order to advertise a much lower class price. Then they hit you with "Now please buy the $50 required book and $25 DVD." once you are signed up and paid. Not to mentioned the "required personal equipment" cost. :eek:
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
jedijordos
Avid Diver

Post by jedijordos »

Highliner wrote:I have a complete unused OW crewpack I'll sell for $25.
thanks. my buddy ended up buying the crew pack. I appreciate the offer