Finally! REEF Fish and Invert ID classes in April

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Finally! REEF Fish and Invert ID classes in April

Post by nwscubamom »

If you haven't had a chance to take the REEF Fish and Invertebrate ID classes yet, here's your opportunity! :eric:

We have a new set of REEF classes open for registration for divers wanting to know our local Pacific NW fish and invertebrates. The classes are FREE! :partydance: They will be the first weekend in April at Shannon Point Marine Center in Anacortes. More details and links to registration here:
http://www.pnwscuba.com/critterwatchers/classes.htm

These fun, informative and FREE classes that will change the way you dive!

You'll learn how to identify over 40 basic Pacific NW fish and over 40 Pacific NW invertebrates. We use common names, not scientific names, and focus on the tips and tricks of how to ID each critter. :rawlings:

Classes help divers learn how to become citizen scientists and help monitor Pacific NW marine life on their recreational dives. Data gathered goes into REEF's online database to help students, researchers, scientists, etc. (see http://www.REEF.org)
  • Classes are free but you must register

These classes will increase your enjoyment of diving!

You'll need to print out your own handouts to bring to class

Instructor: Janna Nichols

Space is limited for these popular classes - sign up soon to reserve your spot!

Pacific NW Invertebrate ID:
Friday, April 1st, 2011, 5pm - 9pm
Shannon Point Marine Center, Anacortes, WA
FREE

Pacific NW Fish ID:
Saturday, April 2nd, 2011, 9am - 1pm
Shannon Point Marine Center, Anacortes, WA
FREE

Thanks to Western Washington University's Shannon Point Marine Center for hosting these classes at their awesome Anacortes facility!

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Finally! REEF Fish and Invert ID classes in April

Post by Dusty2 »

Beware! It is habit forming :pirate:
Biodiversity_Guy
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Finally! REEF Fish and Invert ID classes in April

Post by Biodiversity_Guy »

And finding new species of fish to add to your life list can get addicting...uhh, I mean...can add a strong focus and motivation to future dives.