Free Fishinar TONIGHT - on your computer!

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Free Fishinar TONIGHT - on your computer!

Post by nwscubamom »

That's right, tonight I'll be teaching another few segments of the REEF Fish ID course online - you can attend the class without having to spend precious gas money! We're doing it in webinar format - and call 'em Fishinars. :partydance:

Although the classes are free, you must register for each segment you'd like to attend. Each one lasts 45 minutes. Here's the schedule tonight:
* Thursday, May 5th, 7pm - The Glorious G's: Gunnels, Greenlings, Gobies and more
* Thursday, May 5th, 8pm - The Weirdos: Flatfish, Odd-looking fish, (and Perch)

REEF Pacific NW Invertebrate ID
* Tuesday, May 10th, 7pm - Sponges and Stingers - Sponges (Porifera) and Jellies, Anemones and more (Cnidarians)
* Tuesday, May 10th, 8pm - Gettin' Crabby - Crabs (Arthropoda) and Worms (Annelida)
* Thursday, May 19th, 7pm - Marvelous Molluscs - Snails, Nudibranchs, Octos and more (Mollusca)
* Thursday, May 19th, 8pm - Stars and Squirts - Sea Stars, Urchins and more (Echinodermata) and Tunicates or Sea Squirts (Urochordata)

You can find the links to Register here:
http://www.pnwscuba.com/critterwatchers/classes.htm

We had a blast a few weeks ago debuting the classes online - and it looks like it's going to be another fun time tonight. Hope to 'see' a few of you there.

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Re: Free Fishinar TONIGHT - on your computer!

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Just did the two scheduled for this evening and they were great! I really dig the venue as its about the only way I can participate in the vast majority of them.
Thanks to reef and Janna for setting them up this way and to all those who helped, it was fun and informative.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Man, that was FUN!! Waynne, you crack me up - your comments throughout the classes made me laugh!! :rofl:

I simply can't believe the attendance at these. It's amazing and not what I expected at all. (I thought maybe 5 people would show up) The first course a few weeks ago drew 30 people actually attending (although more had signed up) - tonight we had 40 that attended.

And having some of our AAT - Valerie and Tom and many others that I don't think are on this board, answering students' questions as they rolled in, was SO helpful and just a lot of fun. :partydance:

THANK YOU to all who attended and helped! Next up - invertebrates on Tuesday May 10th. :taco:

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

nwscubamom wrote:THANK YOU to all who attended and helped! Next up - invertebrates on Tuesday May 10th. :taco:

- Janna :)
YAY!! I finally get to take inverts!! :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
Kelly