Repetitive Diving - Safety

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
squid509
Avid Diver

Re: Repetitive Diving - Safety

Post by squid509 »

what is wrong with posting at 2:16am
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

squid509 wrote:what is wrong with posting at 2:16am
You are :59 mins early :smt064
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

My Pro Plus 2.1 for example will store up to 24 dives and consider residual nitrogen from previous dives and adjust itself accordingly, HOWEVER a computer should be no permanent substitute for knowing your tables inside and out. computers can fail, but your brain will never lose its battery power when it matters the most. Diving with computer and table redundancy is a good idea as well, for examle; I dive my PP 2.1 as my SPG and primary PDC however still use the Veo 2.0 on my wrist as a backup computer and I also have my tables in the same pocket that my slate goes in. If one comp dies, I have another that's using the same PZ+ algorithm to get me to the surface, If both die, I have tables (tho, If one comp dies, you should call the dive at that point anyways) [/rambling]
Joshua Smith wrote:Well.....I don't think you really have much to worry about. You might want to think about getting a nitrox cert, though. Do you dive a computer, or tables? AFAIK, all dive computers track tissue loading over multiple days....but if you're diving no deco within the limits, I wouldn't really worry about diving every single day for a month or more....and that's not easy to do.
wa_divergal
Frequent Bubbler

Post by wa_divergal »

CaptnJack wrote:
squid509 wrote:what is wrong with posting at 2:16am
You are :59 mins early :smt064
Mine says 1:15pm. Perfectly normal for South Korea :taco:
Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
Hedy Lamarr