Tonight: Pacific NW Advanced Fish ID Fishinar

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Tonight: Pacific NW Advanced Fish ID Fishinar

Post by nwscubamom »

From Pacific Spiny Lumpsuckers to Pacific Staghorn Sculpins - we'll cover 40+ of the not-so-common fish you'll see on your dives in the Pacific Northwest. The course is broken up into 3 evenings, and we'll cover about 12 fish per session - attend one or all, your choice. This class will be taught by yours truly, and staffed by Pacific NW divers, some of whom are NWDC members. :partydance:

Fishinars (in case you hadn't heard yet...) are interactive, fun, short webinars that teach fish ID. Fishinars are sponsored by REEF (Reef Environmental Education Foundation) and are all free.

You can register for these (and many more) here:
http://www.reef.org/resources/webinars

Hope to see you online!

- Janna
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Re: Tonight: Pacific NW Advanced Fish ID Fishinar

Post by eliseaboo »

Man...hand me a tiny slug and I can come up with a good guess off the top of my head. But put a spine in it and...nope! #-o

Janna, thanks so much for these great Fishinars! :partydance:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

It was a great Fishinar!!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

It sure was, and not only did we have staff from NWDC members, but we also had some great photos of the critters to oggle at taken by NWDC regulars. I am so proud of the Pacific NW!! We are second only to the Caribbean region in the world in terms of REEF surveying activity. If you couldn't make tonight, we're meeting again Wed and Thurs for two more sessions with different fish.

- Janna :joshsmith:
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------