What's new in PADI? Buoyancy, BCD removal and tables.

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: What's new in PADI? Buoyancy, BCD removal and tables.

Post by Grateful Diver »

Wagon173 wrote:
diverden wrote:Buddy breathing is not in NAUI either (except in the Divemaster program)
I'm not 100% on OW AOW but I did my Master Diver in early 2010 through NAUI and I had to do the buddy breathing, the 50' swim w/o a reg or a mask to my buddy and then buddy breathe back to my mask. The 50' swim and buddy breathing wasn't too bad. But getting used to diving without a mask took up a lot of my time on "fun dives" before I went in to test out of that skill. We also had to do the buoyancy test where you take your mask off and put your nose on a knot and use your lungs to maintain buoyancy for 1 minute and then he made us learn to use our fins to swim backwards and the three types of kicks and those helicopter turn things. Maybe our instructor was just taking his (former marine) aggression out on a couple of paratroopers lol. But That class absolutely made me a much better and safer diver.
NAUI's Master Diver program is, IMO, their best course. It's also basically the diving portion of their DM program. The in-water part of the course is exactly the same.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/