MGM 8/6/2012 Mukilteo Gas Management

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

MGM 8/6/2012 Mukilteo Gas Management

Post by Paulicarp »

A few of us MMMers teamed up on Bdub and talked him into doing a FREE (to you) gas management class! :taco:

This Gas Management Workshop ( http://www.frogkickdiving.com/Gas_Plann ... t_Camp.php ) is perfect for you if you haven’t had any prior exposure to gas planning and management: we’ll start with the very basics and work from there. Those like me who are a bit rusty or need a refresher, this is a great method for getting up to date.

This is open to anyone, regardless of skill level.

Bdub has agreed to spend as much as a couple of hours discussing the following topics in a simple, easy to understand and logical progression:
•Gas Consumption
•Minimum Gas (Rock Bottom)
•Tank Factors
•Gas Plans

Our plan is to start the class at 6pm on Monday August 6, after MMM dive 1. This class will be held about 5 miles up the hill from the ferry at my office in the Mukilteo Industrial Park at 4204 Russell Rd Suite M Mukilteo, WA 98275. (facing the Speedway at the South end of the building)

As a little added incentive, anyone who can make it to MMM dive 1 and comes to the GM class will be given their choice of a tide graph calendar or one free air fill of 100 cuft or less.

Bring your own :taco: :taco: and beverage; we'll have a great time!
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: MGM 8/6/2012 Mukilteo Gas Management

Post by ljjames »

where is that darned *like* button :)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

This is fantastic! The gas management stuff is something nobody gets in their OW class, and Brian's a great teacher.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Very cool.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
thefeve
Compulsive Diver

Post by thefeve »

I'll be there! Thanks for settin' this up!
I think you've figured out the root cause of your problems. Even sea lions get annoyed by splitfin divers silting out their dive sites. Switch back to your jets and you'll be safe from the sea lion silt prevention patrol from now on. - NWbrewer
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

this is awesome!!

I can highly recommend BDub's gas management workshop! it makes your diving amazingly more comfortable to be confident in the knowledge exactly how much gas you need and are using during any portion of the dive.

\:D/
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Nice! I just might fight the traffic for the general hangout time!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I'm in
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Will see if I can....
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

I'm in on this one, I mean, for the gas fill only. :smt064

Got ya Paul. I changed my mind, I think I'll stay for the seminar. It should be very informative. Are you kidding me? For free? That's awesome.

I know, you just wanna showcase your new air fill station. Oops! I'm not supposed to say that, am I?
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

I'm in! :partydance:

Great meeting you Paul...btw!
BDub
I've Got Gills

Post by BDub »

Thank you Pauli, for setting this up, and for the free gifts!

I love doing these, and it's been a while since we've had one locally.

This information isn't exclusive to any type of diving or experience level. In other words, this isn't "technical diving stuff". Though it certainly scales up to technical diving, this focuses on recreational diving depths, starting with the most very basic concepts presented in your open water class, and building on that.

This isn't something that requires "x" number of dives or "x" certification. This is open to everyone and it's something that is deeply important to me.

If you'd like more information on this, please feel free to pm me or email me.

Hope to see you there!
http://www.frogkickdiving.com/

"It's a lot easier when you're not doing it" - CaseyB449

"There needs to be more strawberry condoms. Just not on my regulator" - DSteding
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'd like to come socialize would happily join a carpool if anybody is heading North from Seattle. I don't think I'm up for a fifth day of diving though.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

Looking forward to GM class this Monday- lots of people have indicated they'll be there! It's open to all, but if you haven't PM'd me or BDub or posted up, please do so. It helps to have an idea how many seats we'll need. Thanks!
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

Im in

EDIT: Only for the gas planning part. I will not be diving