Long hose question

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Long hose question

Post by LowDrag »

Does anyone have either a good description or a pic of how to route a long hose. I bought a 7 footer and can't find anything on how to properly route it.

Thanks,
Dave
GearHead
Submariner

Re: Long hose question

Post by GearHead »

The long hose gets routed from your first stage (right post if doubles), down to your right hip where it is hooked under your primary light canister. If you don't have a can light, a holster for a pair of safety shears or similar will work. From there it is run across your chest and over your left shoulder, then around the back of your neck and into your primary second stage.

A bolt snap is tied onto the hose at the fitting screwed into the second stage. This is used to clip off onto your right shoulder D ring when the primary second stage is not in use. Care must be taken to not trap the long hose under anything else. This is verified when you first enter the water.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

LowDrag wrote:Does anyone have either a good description or a pic of how to route a long hose. I bought a 7 footer and can't find anything on how to properly route it.

Thanks,
Dave

http://www.frogkickdiving.com/Single_Re ... ration.php
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
LowDrag
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by LowDrag »

Thanks everyone, I thought that is how it is done but wasn't sure. I don't have a canister light yet but that will come so I am going to tuck the long hose for now. I am going to be diving at Mike's Beach on the weekend of the 25th and will be trying out my new hose configuration there. I will report back and let you know how it went.

Dave