Kitsap instructors?

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Kitsap instructors?

Post by CaptnJack »

Does anyone have recommended (prefer independent) instuctors on the west side of the water? I need to refer a currently uncertified friend.

-R
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
WaGigKpn
Aquaphile

Re: Kitsap instructors?

Post by WaGigKpn »

Sound Dive shop has monthly dives. I would point him/her in that direction. The owner is a nice guy, sometimes few on words but means well!
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

WaGigKpn wrote:Sound Dive shop has monthly dives. I would point him/her in that direction. The owner is a nice guy, sometimes few on words but means well!
I'm trying not to laugh as I read this...

Sorry, I didn't pay my dues this year... I'm not sure if Peter is still teaching out of Tacoma Scuba, but he does his classes at South Kitsap HS. Adrian moved about 2 months ago, so I'm not sure who the independents are in the area anymore.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

What are the logistical constraints? Peter might be able to do it, depending on how many times he had to come over there, and when.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

WaGigKpn wrote:Sound Dive shop has monthly dives. I would point him/her in that direction. The owner is a nice guy, sometimes few on words but means well!
Sound dive means well. But honestly they spew some much bullshit out of the hydroshop side of their business that I can't in good conscience recommend them for instruction. Hence the inquiry for independent instructors.

If someone decent, knowledgable, etc. is doing classes out of South Kitsap High School, I'm pretty sure that would work. Please send me their contact info and I will pass it along.

Thanks
R
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

Call Joshua at Tacoma Scuba, he would know.