Zombie Apocalypse Diver (PADI)

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
BillZ
Aquanaut

Re: Zombie Apocalypse Diver (PADI)

Postby BillZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Joshua Smith wrote:
BillZ wrote:
sarinae wrote:Then we had to go feed the zombies in the water so that they wouldn't bother us. Meanwhile, there are zombies in the water and if your buoyancy is not perfect and you flail or touch the bottom they will attack you.

Sarina

So pretty much the same curriculum as any DIR Tech 1 course. :arsespank:

Any Tech Course. The shoddy curriculum seems to transcend agencies.

Ha! I wasn't really ripping the tech agencies (although all of the training agencies materials seem to be lacking)

The quote above from Sarina reminded me of the "failure drills" we had to endure with Brian and Jeanna in Tech 1.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Postby Joshua Smith » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:59 pm

BillZ wrote:
sarinae wrote:I took the Zombie Apocalypse diver cert from Adria Ali out of Bubbles Below. Awesome lady who is a patient and really great teacher. The certification involves reading some material from the person on the East coast who invented the class. It is poorly written, with tons of typos and grammatical errors, but once you get through that it is actually a worthwhile class.

It incorporates parts of search and recovery, buoyancy, rescue diver, and much more. Basically 3 or 4 dives---first dive was a search and recovery dive to find and locate a zombie device to kill or keep zombies away. We had to use flotsam from the beach to rig up a lift bag to bring it in. Then we had to go feed the zombies in the water so that they wouldn't bother us. Meanwhile, there are zombies in the water and if your buoyancy is not perfect and you flail or touch the bottom they will attack you.

Later we had to dive through an obstacle course surrounded by zombies and then get a 'lost' bcd and tank. Assemble and bring to the shore. Later we had to find a lost zombie researcher who was submerged, then bring him in and treat his zombie wounds.

Great class, highly recommend it. One of the most fun classes I have ever taken!

Questions? Email me!

Sarina

Any Tech Course. The shoddy curriculum seems to transcend agencies.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."

BillZ
Aquanaut

Postby BillZ » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:59 am

sarinae wrote:I took the Zombie Apocalypse diver cert from Adria Ali out of Bubbles Below. Awesome lady who is a patient and really great teacher. The certification involves reading some material from the person on the East coast who invented the class. It is poorly written, with tons of typos and grammatical errors, but once you get through that it is actually a worthwhile class.

It incorporates parts of search and recovery, buoyancy, rescue diver, and much more. Basically 3 or 4 dives---first dive was a search and recovery dive to find and locate a zombie device to kill or keep zombies away. We had to use flotsam from the beach to rig up a lift bag to bring it in. Then we had to go feed the zombies in the water so that they wouldn't bother us. Meanwhile, there are zombies in the water and if your buoyancy is not perfect and you flail or touch the bottom they will attack you.

Later we had to dive through an obstacle course surrounded by zombies and then get a 'lost' bcd and tank. Assemble and bring to the shore. Later we had to find a lost zombie researcher who was submerged, then bring him in and treat his zombie wounds.

Great class, highly recommend it. One of the most fun classes I have ever taken!

Questions? Email me!

Sarina

sarinae
Aquaphile

Postby sarinae » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:26 am

I took the Zombie Apocalypse diver cert from Adria Ali out of Bubbles Below. Awesome lady who is a patient and really great teacher. The certification involves reading some material from the person on the East coast who invented the class. It is poorly written, with tons of typos and grammatical errors, but once you get through that it is actually a worthwhile class.

Questions? Email me!

Sarina

jturner
Avid Diver

Postby jturner » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:15 am

RenaB wrote:The WHAT??!!

Here's the link: http://www.zombieapocalypsediver.com/

From what I can gather it is two dives. One is an obstacle course and the other is skills using less than optimal equipment such as a bucket or old bcd as a lift bag.

Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Postby Jeff Pack » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:02 am

I saw some people taking it at Cove 1 not long ago, everyone seemed to be having a good time of it.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.

RenaB
Aquaphile

Postby RenaB » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 am

The WHAT??!!
Rena

Drink water, breathe air. Never get these mixed up.

jturner
Avid Diver

Zombie Apocalypse Diver (PADI)

Postby jturner » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:47 pm

Has anyone done the zombie cert? If so, what did you think? I think it looks like a lot of fun and would be an amusing certification to have. I'm not expecting to gain much experience from it other than a good time but there's a class coming up in Seattle that is quite tempting.

Return to “Diving Education (Recreational)”