FREE Gas Management Lecture - Jan. 29

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

FREE Gas Management Lecture - Jan. 29

Post by Peter Guy »

Bubbles Below is hosting a FREE Gas Management (Air Supply Management) lecture on Thursday, January 29 at Bubbles Below in Woodinville. The tentative start time is 6:30 p.m. and should last until 8 or so depending on the amount of discussion and questions.

PADI Instructor, Peter Rothschild (me!) will be giving the talk which has three components:

A. How much air (gas) do you REALLY need for a safety reserve and how do you calculate it?

B. What are the three basic strategies for planning your gas supply for your dive so that you "Plan your dive and Dive your plan?"

C. What is a "SAC Rate," how do you calculate it and what good is knowing it anyway?

If you'd like to attend, please sign up at the Bubbles Below MeetUp site so that I have an estimate of the number of attendees -- http://www.meetup.com/bubbles/events/219652117/

I hope to see many people there because learning about, and practicing these dive planning skills, can make you a more comfortable diver.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: FREE Gas Management Lecture - Jan. 29

Post by Grateful Diver »

Always good to see these being offered ... if you haven't been to one, it's time well spent ...

... Bob (Grateful DIver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Time very well spent, even if your handy with gas management you'll walk away having found some useful tidbits.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

Just a quick bump to remind everyone there will be a FREE!!! Gas Management Workshop this coming Thursday at Bubbles Below. While I hope people will use the Meet up site to sign up, it is not required.

This is a topic that should be of interest to every diver.
mike77jm
Just Settling In

Post by mike77jm »

Man, I wish I had seen this a few days ago. Do you have plans for future lectures?
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

These lectures are a must attend for any diver. The learning here will stick with you and Influence your thinking and dive planning moving forward. Thank you Peter for doing this.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

This thread was from 2015...
Do check out grateful driver's website on this important topic...

https://nwgratefuldiver.com/articles/gas.html
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

If there is interest, I'd be happy to do this lecture, pretty much any time, any where. It really is a topic that needs to be taught over and over again.

When I first started doing this, Scott Christopher, Koos DuPrez and Bob Bailey were all giving them.

Life does change things.

Peter Rothschild