Anything like DRIS's Try Tech Day in the Seattle area?

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
VitusVenture
Frequent Bubbler

Anything like DRIS's Try Tech Day in the Seattle area?

Post by VitusVenture »

I just got an email of upcoming events from Dive Right in Scuba, and they list a Try Tech Demo at the pool. Minimal fee ($10/person), with things like trying side mount, doubles, stage bottles, etc... Sounds like a very interesting experience for a growing diver (like myself). Unfortunately, the commute to Illinois is a bit long for a single demo night!

Does anyone know of anything like this in our area? I think it would be a lot of fun to try out these things, rather than start with a big equipment investment!
yadayada
Aquaphile

Re: Anything like DRIS's Try Tech Day in the Seattle area?

Post by yadayada »

Glad you asked, as Bellevue Divers is finalizing the calendar of a number of Demo Days that will take place every month from April to September. Each event features one manufacturer's gear to try one day in the pool, one day in open water, with in store seminars.
We have confirmed SUEX scooters, XDeep Tech gear, Scubaforce SF2 rebreather and Drysuits, SEAC recreational gear, Poseidon rebreathers and gear, and we are finalizing participation of other niche products to pair with the main lines.
We also run regularly the Discover Tech experience with doubles and sidemount (with aluminum sets specially for the pool).
VitusVenture
Frequent Bubbler

Post by VitusVenture »

Sounds fun! Do you have to have any sidemount experience to do sidemount in the class? Can you try both sidemount and doubles?
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

When we do the XDeep demo day people will be able to try the Ghost, Stealth and Zeos systems in the pool and in open water - however, you can actually test any of these in the pool now as we have them all available.
xBabyJesus
Avid Diver

Post by xBabyJesus »

I look forward to trying some different gear, keep us updated!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

The GUE Seattle Wednesday night tweeks are also good for those wishing to try doubles, stages, scoots, etc.
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

xBabyJesus wrote:I look forward to trying some different gear, keep us updated!
For your calendar:

We will have the X-Deep line, the SUEX scooters, the Scubaforce drysuits and SF2 rebreather, the Subgravity\Seabear H3 computers at the H2O Show April 11/12.

April 24/25 Tech Demo days with X-Deep and SUEX

April 26 Scuba Swap Meet & BBQ

May 29/30 Rebreather experience with Scubaforce SF2 & Poseidon Mk VI\Se7en
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

There's the annual Rebreather Experience Mel (Silent Scuba) puts on. That's where I first decided on the Meg after realizing that I just didn't breathe on the KISS well (which I had my sights set on before trying them all). Highly recommended if you're going to drop a chunk of change on a CCR.