Need a refresher, just blew the dust off my gear

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
randomxy
Getting To Know Folks

Need a refresher, just blew the dust off my gear

Post by randomxy »

I'd appreciate recommendations for private instructors for a refresher course in the Seattle area (I'm in Issaquah). If a couple other folks are in a similar situation maybe we could get a small class together with an instructor. (Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything on the local shop calendars this summer.)

Background: despite all my sound and fury (and money) after completing my OW a couple of years ago, I haven't been in the water for over a year and have less than 20 dives scribbled down in my log. Weighting is still an issue for me despite a buoyancy specific class; good try but I don't feel dialed in yet - maybe I'm special that way. I've got my own gear except tanks and weights (held off on those due to the aforementioned bobbing and sinking). I'd prefer to try diving again rather than bartering this lot on Craigslist for a slackline or telemark skis; you know - some other hobby I'd neglect.

Thanks!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: Need a refresher, just blew the dust off my gear

Post by CaptnJack »

LCF and her husband would be my recommendation, they are in Woodinville.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Take Bob Baileys private course. I was the first student of it, and even as I still look back many years later, the best course I've ever taken.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Bric Martin
Aquanaut

Post by Bric Martin »

post removed at request of mod.
Last edited by Bric Martin on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bric Martin

Save the Oceans, Save Ourselves!
RIP LCF
https://goo.gl/photos/tSdZZHXf4xejLBSz5
https://goo.gl/photos/fTCN7LuFvxWYF11e8
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... if you're interested, I specialize in customized skills workshops for folks like you ... drop me a PM and we can talk ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
yadayada
Aquaphile

Post by yadayada »

randomxy wrote:I'd appreciate recommendations for private instructors for a refresher course in the Seattle area (I'm in Issaquah). If a couple other folks are in a similar situation maybe we could get a small class together with an instructor. (Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything on the local shop calendars this summer.)

Background: despite all my sound and fury (and money) after completing my OW a couple of years ago, I haven't been in the water for over a year and have less than 20 dives scribbled down in my log. Weighting is still an issue for me despite a buoyancy specific class; good try but I don't feel dialed in yet - maybe I'm special that way. I've got my own gear except tanks and weights (held off on those due to the aforementioned bobbing and sinking). I'd prefer to try diving again rather than bartering this lot on Craigslist for a slackline or telemark skis; you know - some other hobby I'd neglect.

Thanks!

Come to check us out at Bellevue Divers - we're on the Eastside, we run pool session every week, we do all our open water diving in drysuits, we have an active diver community doing fun dives every week, we provide all the rental gear you need and this is all new.
One more thing... we have at least 10 instructors you can choose from.
randomxy
Getting To Know Folks

Post by randomxy »

Thanks for the replies; bunch of good options here and I got it sorted out with Bob. Looking forward to getting started again.