OW Water Instructor Recommendations?

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Rooinater
Dive-aholic

OW Water Instructor Recommendations?

Post by Rooinater »

I'm not looking for myself, but I have a coworker who is looking for a quality instructor that can potentially do mid week classes in a dry suit late November/ first week of December. Most of the ones I previously would have recommended don't seem to be teaching. They are not looking for a cattle class, but more of a small group, quality instruction where the instructor has time to help develop skills vs give a pass. The coworker lives closer to Edmonds, but I'm sure she'd be willing to travel to Seattle as well. Thanks in advance.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Re: OW Water Instructor Recommendations?

Post by CaptnJack »

Peter Rothschild if he is still teaching. He's in woodinville
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Peter Guy
Compulsive Diver

Post by Peter Guy »

CaptnJack -- I have gotten back into teaching BUT I moved to Olympia last January.
SquareFish
Just Settling In

Post by SquareFish »

Cathy Sytsma at Seattle Scuba does midweek private OW classes...not sure if drysuit during OW is a possibility though. Great demeanor and very knowledgeable. I've seen her work through every sort of problem with students and she spends as much time as needed to get the skills right. She taught my OW class last September and I got a compliment on my buoyancy from GratefulDiver when I dove with him at Sund Rock for the first time, so I figure she must have done something right with me. :-)
:pirate: Don't eat square fish! Arr.