Night diving specialty - anybody teaching it now?

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
MariaT
Avid Diver

Night diving specialty - anybody teaching it now?

Post by MariaT »

Hi,

Long story short: I wanted to schedule a night diving class, checked the internet, made a few calls but could not find a shop that would have it scheduled anytime soon - with one exception that I have some reservations about.

So does anybody know where can I take a night diving class right now in Seattle area? I thought this should be a popular specialty here but no...

Thanks!
Maria
kerbyk
Avid Diver

Re: Night diving specialty - anybody teaching it now?

Post by kerbyk »

Maybe see about doing your advanced Cert? That would include a night dive (one of five dives) with an instructor so you feel comfortable and supervised for the first time. Then that dive would count toward the night cert if you still want to pursue it, but I'll bet most folks here don't have the specialty.

Holler if you're interested. I'm an instructor and might be able to wrangle a few recent OW students to make a class...but call around to see if anyone has it scheduled! There's no class involved so shop location shouldn't matter.
Any pizza is a "personal pizza" if you just believe in yourself.
MariaT
Avid Diver

Post by MariaT »

Thank you for the offer! I am looking to get a night dive training specifically - certification or not, but I want to be able to dive comfortably after work and hopefully join some local diving groups too. Also I am going on a dive boat trip soon and their last dive of the day will likely be a night one, they might require some proof of training.
Anyway, a few days ago my car windshield broke, needs full replacement, and the insurance won't cover it - it looks like I'll get back to this same issue of night dive training a few paychecks later anyway :)
Diverdave68
Avid Diver

Post by Diverdave68 »

I noticed Hoodsport has some night classes.