Where to do CPR.

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Where to do CPR.

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

I've been considering doing the Rescue Diver class. Anyone have suggestions on where to get CPR certified?
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

You can either take an Emergency First Responder from a scuba instructor or you can take CPR/First aid through the Red Cross. I just did one through the ARC. It was free.

http://www.seattleredcross.org/
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

They must have changed this, because I don't see any free classes at the American Red cross.
I don't mind losing, but I do mind sucking!
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Grateful Diver and myself both do CPR training as well. TL Sea also has EFR instructors on staff.

-Valerie
DAN/EFR Instructor \:D/
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Of course the operative word here is "free", becasue I am what you would tactfully refer to as "thrifty". Last I knew, orgs like the ARC wanted people to be CPR certified.
Ron Bertholf
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Post by Ron Bertholf »

The fire stations often offer classes for free on a routine schedule
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I just did BLSPRO with Valerie and I highly recommend her to all of you. If you haven't had Valerie teach you something you are definitely missing out.. Go to her for DAN O2 and Advanced O2 as well!!!!

Thanks again Valerie.. I want everyone to know what you taught me on Tuesday!
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Aw, shucks Holly, thanks :prayer: You guys were a fun group!

-Valerie
Celeus
Frequent Bubbler

Post by Celeus »

Zen/Grateful,

When is your next set of classes? Several folks I dive with were not as happy as we would like with our CPR/First Aid class, and I'd like to get some of the DAN classes beyond basic oxy-provider as well.

There would probably be between 3 and 6 of us, how would that work out?
-- Celeus
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

I did ARC AED/Adult CPR right after my O2/ADV O2 as CPR was a "strong" recommendation before taking the O2 classes. I think ARC hit me for about $40 for the combo.

I'd be interested in signing up for any upcoming DAN classes that Valerie and/or Bob were teaching.

Sea ya!
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

I'm heading out of town for the Christmas weekend (in about two hours, to be exact) but once the holidays are over I'll look at my schedule and talk with GD to see what we can come up with. Is there anything specific you are looking for? A more advanced kind of CPR (professional level, covering 2 person resuscitation for adults, children, infants, with suctioning, cricoid pressure, shock management)? Advanced O2? Neuro Assessment? (one of the best for divers, in my opinion).

I'll check back once I'm back in town next week. Feel free to PM myself or Grateful Diver as well.

Happy Holidays everyone!

-Valerie
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

I would like to do the CPR course that allows me to take the Rescue Diver class which is just the "standard" CPR class. Their requirements of the CPR class are not that clear. Thanks for the help.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Sasquatch wrote:I did ARC AED/Adult CPR right after my O2/ADV O2 as CPR was a "strong" recommendation before taking the O2 classes. I think ARC hit me for about $40 for the combo.

I'd be interested in signing up for any upcoming DAN classes that Valerie and/or Bob were teaching.

Sea ya!
I'm teaching the DAN Hazardous Marine Life Injuries class at TL Sea on Monday, January 22, at 6:00 pm. This class is a lot of fun and very hands on, along with a few giveway goodies. Call TL Sea or swing by if you are interested.

-Valerie
runamonk
Aquaphile

Re: Where to do CPR.

Post by runamonk »

Sergeant Pepper wrote:I've been considering doing the Rescue Diver class. Anyone have suggestions on where to get CPR certified?
My wife and I took ours through the red cross. It wasn't very expensive and was quite informative.
--
Ron Hines
Naui OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox