pics from Friday evening ...

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

pics from Friday evening ...

Post by Grateful Diver »

pics from the evening are in the gallery ...

http://www.nwdiveclub.com/gallery/v/Gra ... t+Seminar/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Sounder wrote:How about the pictures from Saturday morning!?!? ](*,) :pale: :angryfire:

Anyone know a great place to get an Acura TL? I'm in the market. :book:
I got in late last night ... will download the week-end's pics tonight and get them to you.

For those who are going "huh?" ... Mr. and Mrs. Sounder were involved in an accident on their way home from Mukilteo T-dock Saturday morning. Someone rear-ended their vehicle. I happened to be driving by shortly after the accident happened and stopped to take some pics for the insurance company.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Estimated speed on the report with skid marks, damage, etc was 40-45 mph into the back of our stopped car... When the insurance adjusted looked at the frame and underside of the car, she paused... then she simply said, "damn, she hit you hard."

It could have been prevented had the dumb &%$#@ not been on her phone and not been driving 60-65 mph in a 35mph zone. 20 years old, from Whidbey Island, admitted to being nervous about driving on this side of the water because "all the cars scared her" and was speeding while on the phone. Evidently she missed the 4 red lights pointed at her as well as the line of about 30 cars waiting at the light... amazing.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Is it safe too conclude that no one got hurt?

And for the record "I was no where around during this accident!"
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Sounder wrote:Estimated speed on the report with skid marks, damage, etc was 40-45 mph into the back of our stopped car... When the insurance adjusted looked at the frame and underside of the car, she paused... then she simply said, "damn, she hit you hard."

It could have been prevented had the dumb &%$#@ not been on her phone and not been driving 60-65 mph in a 35mph zone. 20 years old, from Whidbey Island, admitted to being nervous about driving on this side of the water because "all the cars scared her" and was speeding while on the phone. Evidently she missed the 4 red lights pointed at her as well as the line of about 30 cars waiting at the light... amazing.
There's a reason they call that road the Mukilteo Speedway.

FWIW - I've been rear-ended three times in the past year ... and all three times the driver who hit me was talking on a cell phone.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Not to hijack the thread - I KNOW WHO'S IN THE PICTURES!!! Bob put on a great class - my breathing improved the next morning when I started using the technique he described. It also kept me from feeling like I "needed air." Thanks GD!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Man I sure wish I could have made it up for that
sounds as if Bob was spoutting out grate infermation just like always

and looks like most of the gang was there

OH well maybe next time

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him