DAN O2/Advanced O2 Class

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

You can wait until it's closer, thanks.

-Valerie
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I am also gonna be there..
Who run barter town?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

I'll do it

Post by Pez7378 »

I'd like to attend. Either day/Month/year works for me. The further out the better as it will be easier for me to commit financially (Oct 15). How long is the cert for? Is it every few years like CPR?
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Re: I'll do it

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Pez7378 wrote:I'd like to attend. Either day/Month/year works for me. The further out the better as it will be easier for me to commit financially (Oct 15). How long is the cert for? Is it every few years like CPR?
DAN recommends retraining/refreshing every 2 years, as with CPR.

Thanks everyone, for all the interest, that's great! Everyone in the dive community will benefit by your dedication to safety.

-Valerie :salute:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Valerie,

I got my information the other day. Thanks! Did we ever decide which day. I could do either. I just want to know if I should take my books on vacation with me to get them read (for the Sept. class) or if I can put it off for a little bit.

Thanks,

Holly :rr:
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

I'm actually waiting to confer with Bob Bailey on the dates but at this time it looks like we'll be offering it on both dates. Since there are more interested in the October class than September, would you mind coming to the September class, to even things out a bit? Let me know if that doesn't work out for you.

Thanks!

-Valerie
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Valerie,

No Worries. September 16th it is.. I just wanted to take my books on the plane with me if it was September... Going to Philly... No diving for 10 whole days.. I don't know if I will survive.. ](*,)

Thanks,
Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Okay, at this point in time it looks like the following folks for the Saturday, September 16th Class:

Sasquatch
Diver Down
Gilly Weed
possibly Pez7378

It's less than two weeks away; you'll need the materials ahead of time so you can read thro the books and come to class prepared (that way we can end on time or earlier). Books will be sent when payment received (thanks Holly!); I do it this way because I've been burned on sending out materials and then folks having scheduling issues and not following up with the actual class; ie, I've lost the $$ #-o

Sunday, October 15 Class
Calvin Tang
Nailer 99
Cuppie
(plus three others referred by Six Gill)

Again, thanks all for the interest!

-Valerie :book:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Zen Diver wrote:So far for September 16th we have:

Sasquatch

For October 15th:
Cuppie (maybe?)
Nailer
Calvin
DiverDown

Is that correct? Anyone else?

-Valerie
I can only do the 15th.. \:D/
Who run barter town?
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Gotcha, thanks.

-Valerie
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

A reminder about the next DAN O2/Advanced O2 class:

Date: Sunday, October 15

Time: 10:00 AM (allow probably around 5-6 hours with this class; we may end early but plan for longer, as we should have at least 8 folks there)

Bob Bailey's Home
2706 S. 301st St.
Federal Way, WA 98003
Phone: Bob: 425-478-3781
Phone: Valerie 253-638-2858

Dress comfortably as a lot of the time will be spent on the floor

Bob and I are co-teaching this class; be prepared for some fun.

Materials will be sent when payment is received ($150.00); payment can be sent to me (PM for address). I will be out of town Sept 29-Oct 7 so in order to allow mailing time for your books please plan accordingly. You must have the books as the cert cards come inside them. The books aren't terribly long, but preparation is key (especially if we want to end on time), so allow enough time for your comfort zone.

Thanks!

-Valerie
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Hey Gang

I'll be out of town from Friday, September 29- Saturday, October 7th. Anyone wanting books can send payment to Bob Bailey (see his address at the beginning of this thread) and he will send them out in my absence. Otherwise, books will be sent out upon my return.

Thanks!

-Valerie
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Have a GREAT time!

:supz:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Just PM'd Bob to send payment. See you in October! :salute:
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Great, and thanks!

-Valerie
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Are we supposed to do the worksheets in the books prior to class?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Nailer99 wrote:Are we supposed to do the worksheets in the books prior to class?
If you are referring to the Review Questions, yes. Those are there for your benefit ... to help make sure you've understood the material you read. You will find the answers listed in the back of the book.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Lol- thanks. The material isn't that difficult, (I bet I don't need to peek at the answers, at any rate) I just didn't know if we were supposed to fill them out in advance.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Nailer99 wrote:Lol- thanks. The material isn't that difficult, (I bet I don't need to peek at the answers, at any rate) I just didn't know if we were supposed to fill them out in advance.
Yep ... just don't mess with the exam in the back of the book. You have to do that in the class.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Just a reminder for anyone who's not yet received course materials but is wanting to do the class this Sunday, the 15th. I'm home this week and you can come to my place to pick up, or meet with Bob for books.

-Valerie
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

My o2 clean green scissors can cut a penny and it did. wow they are strong and still cut.

the class was great and the company fine too. had a good time and learned alot. Did you know you can swim backwards with jet fins, or turtle fins?
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

yeah, thanks valerie for a great class and the purple scissors!!! i really enjoyed your class, keep me posted on the hazardous marine first aid class and other classes that you might be having. Thanks Grateful diver for hosting the fiesta, i love your small dive closet that most people call a garage!!!
~erin
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Thanks for your kind words Erin and BJ, I had a great time on Sunday. It's always a blast with enthusiastic, prepared people.

-Valerie :prayer:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Cuppie wrote:yeah, thanks valerie for a great class and the purple scissors!!! i really enjoyed your class, keep me posted on the hazardous marine first aid class and other classes that you might be having. Thanks Grateful diver for hosting the fiesta, i love your small dive closet that most people call a garage!!!
~erin
Oh, erin ... speaking of my closet, there's a red sweatshirt hanging in there that I think belongs to you. Guess we'll just have to hook up for a dive sometime so I can give it back ... \:D/

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

yeah that would be my sweatshirt!i think we can arrange a dive time GD, after all BJ cant wait to learn how to do the whole swimming backwards thing!!

im booked this week and out of town this weekend but we'll find a time to splash soon!!