DAN O2/Advanced O2 Class

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

DAN O2/Advanced O2 Class

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Okay folks, you asked for it, you got it.

DAN Oxygen First Aid and Advanced Oxygen First Aid.
(a special NWDC offering)

Date: Saturday, September 16, 2006
Time: 10:00 AM
Course Length: 5-6 hours
2706 S 301st St.
Federal Way, WA 98003

Instructors: Valerie Lyttle, Bob Bailey
Cost: $150

Includes: Student Handbooks (Basic and Advanced), C-cards, and assorted goodies.

Books will be sent out when payment is received. Please send check, money order, or payment via Paypal (ValcanERRN@aol.com) to:

Valerie Lyttle
23811 132nd Ave SE, # L 2
Kent, WA 98042

It's imperative that you allow enough time to read thro the books before coming to class, especially if you want to end on time or early.

Questions? PM or post here.

Looking forward to it!

-Valerie :salute:
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

I forgot to mention that taking these classes separately would cost $170; this way you get to save some money and spent just one day getting two credentials.

-Valerie
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Aaaaaargh! I won't be in town that weekend. ](*,)

The good news is.... I'll be at the Playboy Mansion for a charity event. \:D/ I really wish I could make it though. Please let me know if there is to be another such class and thank you for putting this together Valerie and Bob =D>
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yes, the annual "Calvin Tang Libido Jump Start Benevolent Society" fundraiser. I wasn't invited back this year. Do you think Hef is still mad about the case of alka-seltzer I threw in the grotto? :supz:

I'll be sending a check out for the class soon- since I'm not gonna be frolicking with the bunnies this year, I might as well make productive use of my time :salute: .
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

I reallt wanted to take those classes but I will be out of town on that date also. Sorry.

Mathue
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

man, is there some way we can maybe make it later in the day? As of right now i cant make it, work always gets in the way!!!!
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

I'm fairly flexible with timing; Bob is out of town right now and I'll talk with him when he's back. What kind of time frame are you talking about? It also may depend on how many people sign up; if it's only one or two it will be easy.

-Valerie
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Calvin Tang wrote:Aaaaaargh! I won't be in town that weekend. ](*,)

The good news is.... I'll be at the Playboy Mansion for a charity event. \:D/ I really wish I could make it though. Please let me know if there is to be another such class and thank you for putting this together Valerie and Bob =D>
Ummm Im confused?? Charity at the playboy mansion?? Is that some kind of oxymoron? Can you get me Hues autograph ( for charity reasons of course) \:D/ ..
Who run barter town?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

I would be in favor of a later date, That week in doing a support dive for a private company in lake Crescent. But if thats what the date is then I will be in for sure!!
Who run barter town?
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Ummm Im confused?? Charity at the playboy mansion?? Is that some kind of oxymoron? Can you get me Hues autograph ( for charity reasons of course) \:D/ ..[/quote]

NO its not a oxymoron. Charity was Miss Playboy not long ago and had a accident while scuba diving and her chest popped. :violent2:

Disclaimer, This can't really happen since I saw it tested on Mythbusters. :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Can I request that we keep this thread on the topic of the DAN O2 class?

Thanks ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Sorry about that Bob.. Threads do tend to get hijacked here now and then.. \:D/ . As far as the class goes I am looking foward to it.. Hopefully we can set a date that more members can attend. 150 bucks is a good deal for that kind of education.. :supz:
Who run barter town?
Aquanautchuck
Pelagic

Post by Aquanautchuck »

Sorry Bob, I don't know what came over me. #-o
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Seems like this date won't work for a lot of folks, so I'm going to propose an alternate date.

How does the weekend of October 14 or 15 sound? Or, I could do Sunday, October 29. Is there a preference for Saturday vs. Sunday?

I work every other weekend so I have less of those days available. I can also do a Monday or Tuesday evening if that is easier, but with commutes I know it's harder to get south for a 6:00 pm start.

Post your preferences here, but if you can do so within a week or so that would be great (ie, deadline August 30th).

Thanks all!

-Valerie
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Seriously, we're going a month further out?

Is there any way we can get an accurate count of who intends to attend the original date?

I can attend the first proposed date.

Who else?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I vote for Oct. 15th. A few of us are going on a night dive boat charter on the 14th. Just my 2 cents.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, the 15th works well for me.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Sasquatch wrote:Seriously, we're going a month further out?

Is there any way we can get an accurate count of who intends to attend the original date?

I can attend the first proposed date.

Who else?
\

Well, so far Nailer is the only one who's publicly said the first date was good and that he would attend, and no one has comitted financially. As I said, I work every other weekend, so I only have half the Saturdays and Sundays available that others have, and I'll be in Roatan the first week of October.

So, I guess what we need is what you suggested, a firm list of who intends to attend on Saturday, September 16th? You must come prepared to class, ie, with both books read and ready to work.

If there is enough interest in a second class I'm more than happy to do a second offering, no problem with that at all.

-Valerie
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

I would like to go to the october 15th also due the the night dive on the 14th. i usually work most saturdays so any sunday is generally open for me. Thanks for trying to fit our busy schedules into yours!!
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

So far for September 16th we have:

Sasquatch

For October 15th:
Cuppie (maybe?)
Nailer
Calvin
DiverDown

Is that correct? Anyone else?

-Valerie
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I have another buddy or two who aren't on the board often. I'll forward this to them to see if either date works.
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Cool, thanks Calvin. If there are more than one or two who want both dates I'm agreeable to that as well; the more divers who are O2 certified the better off the whole diving community will be! \:D/

-Valerie
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hi Valerie,

I can take the class the Sept. 16th or the Oct. 15th date. I will send you payment today. You let me know when you want me there.

Thanks,

Holly (We met last weekend at Sonya's class)
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Very cool, thanks Holly! And welcome!

-Valerie :salute:
Cuppie
Dive-aholic

Post by Cuppie »

Im a for sure on the oct 15 class, do you want me to send money now or wait until it gets closer to the date?