Photos and Videos for class presentations

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
JT
Hi, I'm New To NWDC!

Photos and Videos for class presentations

Post by JT »

Greetings all-- I'm an instructor on a mission. You know how the open water books and presentations have hundreds of pictures of nice happy divers in their bathing suits getting ready to jump off of their tropical dive boat? I hate that. I'm changing my NAUI O/W class to better reflect diving around here, so I'm looking for photos and videos of Northwest diving to include in the shows.

I'm afraid that I can't pay for them, but would any of you accomplished photographers and videographers be willing to have your art included in an Open Water class for the joy of new divers everywhere? I will of course give you full art credit whenever your stuff is displayed.

Thanks to all--
Jeff
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Hi Jeff ...

Another NAUI instructor here. I've done the same thing. You're right ... the mainstream agencies target their material to the tropical vacation diver, and sometimes it just doesn't fit the scenario we like to present.

Drop me a PM ... perhaps we can get together and share some material. You're welcome to use any photos of mine that suit your purposes.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Zen Diver v1
Aquaphile

Post by Zen Diver v1 »

Hi Jeff

Welcome!

Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll drop a video in the mail for you. I've got lots of stills you are welcome to use as well.

-Valerie
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Hello Jeff
First off Welcome to NW Dive Club

I have a bunch of Stills I took while diving the NW shoot me a pm with your email and ill send you some of my favorite shots

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him