Pacific NW Fish ID Class

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
wallyc72
Dive-aholic

Pacific NW Fish ID Class

Post by wallyc72 »

Pacific NW Fish ID Certification \:D/
Taught by Janna Nichols of pnwscuba.com :prayer:
Friday April 7th 6pm - 10pm
Saturday 8am - ?

Class will be at Tacoma Scuba.
Please visit web site or call to register

http://www.tacomascuba.com
253-238-1754

Sorry About the double post !!!!!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Wally, thanks for the info. I deleted the other post. They were identical right?

I just registered for the class. Are we going to stay in Tacoma or are you guys driving back and forth? I don't mind driving home after the class on Friday, but 8am Saturday morning is rough! :-({|=
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

ditto on that Wally, I just registered too. Calvin you are so not an early bird...(LOL)
:bounce:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

The problem is, I'm an early bird all week long so I enjoy my chance to sleep in on the weekends. :bootyshake:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

right, I am just not smart enough to realize how nice it is to sleep in
:toimonster:

I just changed my work hours to 8 to whenever so I guess I actually get to kinda sleep in every day now???
:bounce:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I am driving back friday dight, if one would like to ride with me, Don't worry calvin i have my Mustang now I got rid of the honda. Well actually it is dead LOL ](*,) :axe:

I am an early bird so I am driving in the am, But since I do have my mustang now it is a solo dive machine. O nly room for the drivers gear. :pale:
[/quote]
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

OK :

This realy sucks this was my idea and I cant make the class, Life realy blows some times huh? I know you guys are going to learn so much on a nother board janna and I are both members of she is not just the local expert she is the teacher of the local experts. So every one have a good time, Im told janna makes this class as fun as it it informitive.

If I knew where the dive was going to be on Saturday I might be able to sneak out long enough to do that.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

BJ, how about you take the Tang in the 'stang on Friday and we go together in the X5 on Saturday?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sounds good Calvin I have to figure it out with work, but its no problem.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maverick wrote:Sounds good Calvin I have to figure it out with work, but its no problem.
I'll put in a good word to your boss. :evil4:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

which site is the dive being made at I am trying to work it so I can join
the dive on saturday, but if you dont see my Blue Dodge Ram Charger
dont waite for me

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Diver_Dave
I've Got Gills

Post by Diver_Dave »

Wish I could go...Herd that its a great class Janna puts on there..Mabee someday she will come to Alaska and go critter hunting w/ us crazy Alaskans....
D.D.
Sitka,Alaska
Finding things under water....
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Class is this Friday night guys, looking forward to seeing everyone there!!! :partyman:
bet63
Frequent Bubbler

Post by bet63 »

The planned dive is at Titlow and slack is at 9:30am

Brian
Tacoma Scuba
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Just to post this publicly, we need to bring the forms, signed out. PM me if you don't have them and I'll email em to you.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

:binky:

Im working this weekend and cant even make the dive and I have never been able to dive Titlow, could never time the tides right

I hear this is a totaly rockin dive have a good time and some one give Jana a hug for me.

will be looking for the divereports saturdaynight then yes?

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

I'll be there, may have to go directly from work but i will be there regardless...
:book:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I'll be there too, going from work. That makes 7 of us in the class. :toimonster:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Awesome class! You guys shouldn't have missed it. We also did a coupla dives at Titlow and they were great, especially because we could name the fish we saw.

We've asked Janna to do an invertibrate version of the same class. The proposed date is May 20 (saturday). I'm really looking forward to this one, studying all the nudibranchs and such. But we need to do a better job of committing to the class this time.

To those of you who couldn't make it, let us know why and what could make it more possible for the next one, or if you're interested in it at all. :supz:

Woohoo, here's to being official Level 2 Surveyors. :partyman:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Here here!!! Janna did an awesome job and made it a lot of fun. I can't believe how fun that was!!! It is really amazing how much more interesting dives can be when you have the added assignment of doing a survey. I am definitely in fir the next class and anyone interested can respond to the new invertebrate thread. It is proposed to be held May 20th and I look forward to seeing more of you there!!!!
THANKS JANNA and SPARKY too for helping it come about!!!! Also THANKS to TACOMA SCUBA for letting us have the class at their shop!!!
:wav:
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

I am glad you guys had a good time I told you Janna teaches a heck of a class.
I know a few divers that have taken her classes and they all say the same things you do.

How many of the club members made it for the class and the dives then?

I would have loved to been able to go but between this remodle and the extra work at work
I just could not swing it.

I dont see me doing the other class on the 20th for the same reasons.
I noticed there are no new pictures from the class or the dive
HUMMMM?

glad you guys had fun

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

OH I forgot to ask you guys did Jana use pictures that she has taken on her dives she takes such pictures I think she should teach a class on that as well.

I would like to take that class.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

Hey guys, thanks for the great comments! It's good to hear nice things about one of my favorite subjects. We had a GREAT time, even though it wound up being only three of the 7 who said they'd come! :(

A humongous thanks to Brian at Tacoma Scuba for getting this set up and letting us use his classroom. AND ordering pizza!

Bad news - on the way home to the Portland area, stopping for gas at Fort Lewis, I realized my purse was missing. As we started searching the van for it, we discovered I was missing WAY more than just the purse with the cash, (your $$ got stolen, Calvin!) credit cards, Drivers license etc. Laptop, digital camera, Palm pilot, portable DVD player and speakers, etc. About $2000 worth of stuff in all. And the joy of worrying about identity theft now too.

Nice, eh?

Watch your back at Titlow - I almost got the impression someone waited for us to enter the water then knew they had plenty of time to check out the goods in all the cars.

- Janna :(
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
nwscubamom
I've Got Gills

Post by nwscubamom »

sparky wrote:OH I forgot to ask you guys did Jana use pictures that she has taken on her dives she takes such pictures I think she should teach a class on that as well.

Sparky
Yes Sparky, that's exactly what I use is my own photos for both the fish and invertebrate classes (with a few supplements here and there!) My theory is that if I can see the critter, so can YOU! :)

- Janna :)
Janna Nichols
My underwater photo galleries
REEF Citizen Science Program Manager
Seen any cool critters lately?
><((((°>
-----------------------------
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

nwscubamom wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the great comments! It's good to hear nice things about one of my favorite subjects. We had a GREAT time, even though it wound up being only three of the 7 who said they'd come! :(

A humongous thanks to Brian at Tacoma Scuba for getting this set up and letting us use his classroom. AND ordering pizza!

Bad news - on the way home to the Portland area, stopping for gas at Fort Lewis, I realized my purse was missing. As we started searching the van for it, we discovered I was missing WAY more than just the purse with the cash, (your $$ got stolen, Calvin!) credit cards, Drivers license etc. Laptop, digital camera, Palm pilot, portable DVD player and speakers, etc. About $2000 worth of stuff in all. And the joy of worrying about identity theft now too.

Nice, eh?

Watch your back at Titlow - I almost got the impression someone waited for us to enter the water then knew they had plenty of time to check out the goods in all the cars.

- Janna :(
Man that really sucks!! its really to bad that people work hard for what they got and some !@!##@##@%%$#%# has to come along steal it..
Who run barter town?