dive flags

This forum is provided for the further edification of our club members seeking to improve their knowledge and diving skills. (recreational diving only)
Diver Doug
Aquaphile

dive flags

Post by Diver Doug »

Anybody know the requirements for dive flags in Maui. I'm finding conflicting reports. Whether required or not for shore diving.
Doug
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: dive flags

Post by Grateful Diver »

Diver Doug wrote:Anybody know the requirements for dive flags in Maui. I'm finding conflicting reports. Whether required or not for shore diving.
Doug
I didn't see a single one being used when I was there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

my brother and sister - in - law didn't see one in use either when they were there.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

well actually by law, you dont need one but and there allways is a but, you need to make room in your hotel for all of us here in the rain. wish it wansnt that way but the law is the law
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Re: dive flags

Post by diver-dad »

Grateful Diver wrote: I didn't see a single one being used when I was there ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Ditto.

And same for Oahu. Been shore diving there several times.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

hear, hear. the law is the law! must obey the law! ( any exuse to go to hawaii is good ) it must fit us all, and so it is stated! \:D/
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We too didn't see or use one - charter boats had them but nobody on the shore.

Mrs. Sounder's family has a condo on Maui \:D/ ... if there was enough interest, we could be talked into putting together a NWDC Maui trip. :partyman: \:D/ I'm in love with the islands and one of the best days of my life was spent diving with the turtles. We spent all day diving with them and it never got old.

(Sounder looks outside and sighs at the wind and rain :-({|= ... well at least the Hawks look like they're actually going to win :bounce: )
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
WylerBear
I've Got Gills

Post by WylerBear »

Sounder wrote: Mrs. Sounder's family has a condo on Maui \:D/ ... if there was enough interest, we could be talked into putting together a NWDC Maui trip. :partyman: \:D/
I'm sure I could be persuaded to take a trip to Maui. If you're serious I would definitely be interested.
Georgia

NOT diving is NOT an option
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Always serious about a Maui trip with friends. Time off from work is the only consideration, but that's manageable. \:D/ I'll talk to Mrs. Sounder about a trip... she's recovering from a tonsillectomy this morning, but we'll start the discussion once her brain is clear of all the good meds she's on.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!