sunday diving anyone ?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
steve murvine
Just Settling In

sunday diving anyone ?

Post by steve murvine »

i am finally here in Bremerton and NEEDING to pass some H2O over the gills !!
i know nothing of the local diving and would like to know if there is any sites that i can head to and hook up with locals this sunday.
Steve Murvine
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Re: sunday diving anyone ?

Post by dwashbur »

This would be the place to find dive buddies around here. In Bremerton, the dive shop over by the Auto Mall is pretty much the only game in town, and they can help you hook up with other locals as well if you're interested in doing that side of the pond.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

There are a few guys in that area on the board. Not allot of good sites around there but if you are willing to put a few miles on your rig it's not that far from the popular south sound sites and not too bad for hood canal. Of course your always welcome to visit Port Townsend when I'm up there. It's my favorite site and I'm always willing to perform guide duties.
geo
Frequent Bubbler

Post by geo »

Yep, you're in the right place to find (or start) something going on this weekend. Also, since I think you mentioned charters in your original post a while back - there are a number of charter outfits that may well have an empty seat this weekend.

Off the top of my head I can think of:
  • Porthole - (360) 923-0889
    Pacific Adventure (206) 714-1482
    Bandito - (253) 973-0370
Others will be able to rattle off half a dozen more.

I'm a noob with around 35 dives, so I'll defer to the crusty old shellbacks with 1900+ dives for first dibs on you. But if for some reason you aren't able to hook up with more experienced divers at some of the other sites around the Sound, I live in Bremerton and will be happy to go out and get wet with you.

Feel free to PM me if you want any Bremerton-specific info.

Cheers,

-geo
billandwende
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by billandwende »

geo wrote:
I'm a noob with around 35 dives, so I'll defer to the crusty old shellbacks with 1900+ dives for first dibs on you. But if for some reason you aren't able to hook up with more experienced divers at some of the other sites around the Sound, I live in Bremerton and will be happy to go out and get wet with you.

Feel free to PM me if you want any Bremerton-specific info.

Cheers,

-geo
You could do worse than Geo. He and I did a muck dive :blackblink: at Redondo a few weeks back. Geo is my kind of laid back diver. \:D/
"I seek out more experienced divers who are willing to dive with me, and I buy them beer." :snorkel:

"It was awesome until the point where Bono endorsed it." Fishstiq

"Anyone know a good direction to point me in so i can figure out exactly what i have?" kat